Chapter 25

(A/N): Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been active in the last few days. I've been pretty busy and I even had to re-read some of the Death Note manga so I knew what to write for this part lol. Plus, this part doesn't enclude all the details anyway. Sorry again. Anyways, this part is now here, so enjoy!

-3 weeks later-

(Y/N)'s Pov

I sat there at a table, in front of a computer, blankly. My mind was going  in circles.

"Hey Yuki! Come check this out! You two Ryuzaki, even if you aren't feeling up to it", Light said, suddenly breaking the silence.

L and I roll on our seats over to Light's computer.
I hear L gasp.

"Look, it seems like Kira may be connected to some business group called Yotsuba", Light said.

There was some graph that appeared on Light's computer showing business rankings and such.
Yotsuba was ranked quite high.

"If this is true and Yotsuba is connected to Kira, it suggests that punishing criminals is not this Kira's true goal", L said.

"H-His goal c-could be f-for m-monetary reasons, a-and he k-kills as c-c-camouflage", I suggest.

"Yes. I agree with you Yuki", Light said and turned to L.

"So, you ready to get back to work Ryuzaki?" He said.

L nodded.

"But since Kira and the second Kira existed at the same time, this could be a totally different Kira from the one that has been punishing criminals this whole time", L suggested.

"I-Impressive r-research L-Light!" I say.

"Thanks Yuki", Light replied. "It's all thanks to this system that allows us to access police, public and media data from all over the world".

'Wow! I didn't know the system here was capable of doing that!'

"At first I didn't know what to look for, but I started over with the idea that Kira was in Japan and searched based on that", Light continued.
"We all know that a majority of those killed are in Japan. And when you compare the deaths with media coverage..."

I started to space out a little. I seem to do that a lot when someone talks too much. I just stared at the table in front of me and started thinking of food, since I haven't eaten yet.

And since I was thinking of food, as if on cue, my stomach growled causing everyone to look at me.

"S-Sorry!" I say, clutching my stomach and blushing dark red.
"I-I'm just a-a little h-hungry..."

Everyone just blankly stared at me.

"Here", L took a lollipop out of his pocket and handed it to me.

"A-Are you s-sure?" I ask.

"Take it".

I hesitantly took the lollipop from L and popped it into my mouth.

"Th-Thank you", I turn away from L and blush slightly.

"Since Kira kills with heart attacks, I thought there may be some victims that we haven't been able to pin on him yet", Light said. "So I searched for all the people that died of heart attacks up to now, including non criminals. I planned to carefully examine every heart attack victim over the last five months but I quickly noticed three suspicious cases. Two could be coincidence, but not three".

I still continued to space out while Light explained his information to L.
I was lost in my own world. I started to think about Light and if he really was Kira. I began making theories in my head, but none of them made any sense. I started to get confused with my own thinking.

I was soon snapped out of my thoughts and literally jumped almost as high as a kite, when I heard L and Light shout:

"Kira can kill in other ways! Not just with heart attacks!"

"H-Huh?"

-Small Time Skip-

"Yeah, this is pretty suspicious", Aizawa said, looking over a file that contained victims that had been killed by Kira. All in which were people who were against the Yotsuba group.

"For all these people who are against the Yotsuba group to die is pretty suspicious", Aizawa said.

"The question is whether Kira is behind this or not", L said.

"You think this is Kira's work Ryuzaki?" Aizawa asks.

"It's three cases of heart attacks, so it's possible. Though my reasoning could be wrong, so you shouldn't put much faith in me", L said.

"S-So Y-Y-Yotsuba has h-hired K-Kira to h-help them?" I suggest.

"Kira being hired is unthinkable", L stated.

"Wh-Why do you th-think th-that?" I ask, playing with my hair, scared that I said something really stupid.

"Because that would mean that a company was able to find Kira before I could. That's not possible".

"You just said not to put faith in your reasoning, yet now you're super confident. Which is it?" Aizawa asked.

"I was just sulking earlier", L said.
"Even if it's a big business, I can't imagine Kira helping them after being found out. I'd expect Kira to immediately kill the person who discovered him. A better theory would be that someone in Yotsuba is Kira, or has the same power as Kira".

"Well, either way, we better look into this", Aizawa pointed out. "But infiltrating a big business like Yotsuba may be challenging".

"Watari is pretty well respected in the business world", L stated. "But...if Kira is involved, then it would be too dangerous to send Watari in alone".

We all sat in silence as we thought for a moment.

"Well..." L stood up from the sofa he was sitting on and made his way to a seat in front of a computer.
"Mr Yagami should be back from the NPA soon, we can decide how to attack then, but for now, let's see what else we can do".

Soon, the Chief made his way into the room.

"Hey Cheif!" Matsuda shouted. "Guess what?! Thanks to Light's heroics, we've determined that Kira may be connected to the Yotsuba group!"

"Yotsuba?!" The Chief said.

"Y-Yes", Matsuda was a little taken back.

"That must be it. Well done", the Chief said.

'Huh? What could he mean by that?' I thought.

"I just heard from the director that Kira has started bribing politicians", the Chief stated.

"Bribing? Using Yotsuba's money?" Aizawa suggested.

"Wow. This must all be connected!" Matsuda said.

"That should aid our request to seek applicants to join the investigation. Did the director get approval?" Aizawa asked.

"It's the opposite", the Chief said.

"The police have officially given up now..."

(A/N): And done! I do appreciate you guys waiting patiently for this part. I should have gotten it out sooner. Plus, most of this is from one of the chapters from the Death Note manga. But thanks for reading anyway and I shall get started on the next part! :D