Chapter 15

Light's Pov

"So, you'll just pretend?" Misa asked. "Well, okay then. I guess it's a start.
Now can you please show me your Shinigami?! I really wanna see him!"

'I have to get her to trust me. Guess I have no choice', I thought.

"Sure. Could you please turn around?" I ask, taking out a small piece of my Death Note from my pocket.

"Alright".

I gently touched Misa's hand with the piece.

"You can turn back around now", I say.

"Okay", Misa turned back around.

"Hey there!" Ryuk said, waving to her.

"Wow! You're completely different from Rem! I already know your name. It's Ryuk, right?! Nice to meet you", Misa waved back.

I sighed.

"And Light darling, do you know how to kill a Shinigami?" Misa asked me.

"Did you just call me 'darling'?" I ask.

"Can I call you 'knight' instead?" She asked.

"Let's just stick with Light".

-Small Time Skip-

"So, if a Shinigami uses their Death Note to save a human they have fallen in love with, that Shinigami will die?" I ask Misa.

"That's right", she replied.

"Good luck finding a Shinigami who'd volunteer to do that", Ryuk laughed.

'Yeah, I can't see you doing anything like that', I say, glaring at him.

"Okay, I need you to do something for me Misa", I say, standing up.

"Anything for you Light", she replied.

"Do you still have the equipment you used to record the tapes?" I ask.

"Uh huh".

"Good, because I need you to send one final message", I say.

"Okay".

"It should say something like...

'I have decided to stop searching for Kira, and I'd like to thank the police for all their help. However, I still wish to help Kira in his mission. I will start by punishing criminals that Kira has yet to judge and I will also share my power with those who I feel are worthy..."

"'Share my power'?" Misa looked confused.

"We'll just add that in to throw off the investigation", I say. "They know there are two people killing, so it couldn't hurt to make them think there could be more".

Misa nodded in understanding.

"So can you do that?"

"No need to ask! Just tell me what to do, and I'll do it! I don't care what it is, cause I'd do anything for you Light!"

"Also, to make sure we don't look suspicious together or that our conversations don't stand out to anyone, I have to make sure I'm seen with other girls", I say.

"What?! You're seriously gonna date other girls?!" Misa asked.

"Yeah, more or less".

"I DON'T WANT YOU TO!!" She yelled and leapt out of her seat.

I gasped as her eyes went red again.

"If I see you with another girl, I'LL KILL HER!" She said.

"Scary", Ryuk said, sarcastically.

"Look! This isn't a game! Both of us are risking our lives to change the world!" I say, putting my hands on her shoulders.

"I know that, but I love you more than the world, Light!" Misa said.

"It sounds like you're confused! You're here because you admire Kira! You don't even know me! We just met!" I say.

"Don't you believe in love at first sight?"

"No".

"It's true that I came here because I wanted to meet Kira, but from the moment I first saw you, I knew..."

'What is wrong with this girl?!' I thought.

"Well, you can show me your love by obeying me! Earlier on, you said you would do anything I said!" I was starting to get pissed from her!

"Yeah, but I never said you could date other girls! Those are two completely different things!" She yelled back.

I lean forward.

"I think you're forgetting that I have both Death Notes! If you don't listen to me, I could easily kill you!" I say.

"I would NEVER allow that, Light Yagami!" Rem said, walking over to us.

Misa and I were both surprised.

"If you do anything that will result in this girls death, the first thing I'll do is write your name in my Death Note! I will kill you!"

I gasped.

"I'm sure you know that I can see Misa's life span. If she happens to die before then, I will know it was you who killed her!" Rem said.

"But if you used your Death Note to save her, wouldn't you die too?" I ask Rem.

"Yes, but I am quite willing to make that sacrifice".

'So that means...I'm gonna have to stay with this girl until she...dies?!'

We were soon interrupted by my mom walking into the room.

"Light, it's 11:30. You shouldn't have a girl out this late", she said.

"Oh yeah. Guess we lost track of time", I say.

"Sorry Mrs Yagami", Misa said, standing up.

I walk her to the door.

"Sorry for coming so late at night", Misa said. "See you later Light!" She waved to me.

"Light, you should walk her to the station", mom requested.

'We can't be seen in public or it'll look suspicious', I thought to myself.

"Oh! No, that's okay! I'll manage by myself!" Misa said. "Goodnight!" She said before running off.

'So that Shinigami is gonna kill me if I kill Misa? So that means I have to stick around her until she dies! Dammit!'

I walked back into my room and sat at my laptop.

I soon realised...

"Sh-She's famous?!" I shout.

I was finding loads of websites and stories about Misa. This isn't good!
I can't imagine what people would think if they found out about us!

But I have to see how I can use Misa to kill L...

And Yuki...

If I can get rid of them...

(A/N): Again, I'm sorry for there not being a lot of L X Reader stuff going on. There will be soon! I promise! Thanks for reading!