Chapter 28

(A/N): I'm gonna kinda skip this a bit as I don't want this to go on for too long.

(Y/N)'s Pov

Everything happened so quickly.

After Matsuda was caught by Yotsuba, Misa found out about it. Because as a way to defend himself, Matsuda said that he came to Yotsuba to promote Misa and called her to tell her to come to Yotsuba.
Misa then called us back at headquarters just as Matsuda called her. We we able to listen to the conversation.
We now knew what was happening...

Misa had got all the men from Yotsuba to get together in one of their rooms. Since there were cameras in the room that I had placed, we were all able to watch what was going on.

"Misa's pretty good at this", L said.

We soon heard L's phone ring.

It was Matsuda.

"Ryuzaki! They're probably trying to get rid of me! Is there anything I can do to save myself?!"

"You'll have to die before they can kill you", L said.

I flinched a little.

He couldn't be serious! Right?!

"I want you to listen very carefully", L said, and begun to explain his method.

I took a deep breath as I thought L was literally telling Matsuda to kill himself!

L then hung up and turned to face us.

"Alright everyone. We are very short handed here, but we must all try our best to make this work", he said.

We all nodded.

The shows about to begin...

Misa's Pov

I was in the middle of talking to a member from Yotsuba, when I hear the door to the bathroom burst open, causing a huge commotion and some people got really frightened.

"Whoa! I am so drunk!"

It was Matsuda.

He made his way outside and to the banister. He started climbing onto it.

"Yay! Go Matsu!" I shout.
I knew this was a part of L's plan to save Matsuda.

"That's way too dangerous!" One of the men said.

"It's fine! I do this all the time!" Matsuda said.

He then got on his hands and did a handstand on the banister.

Everyone screamed in fright.

Soon, Matsuda lost his balance and fell off the banister!

(Y/N)'s Pov

Matsuda fell onto the mattress that Mr Yagami was holding out a few floors below.
He was safe now.

In place of Matsuda's body, was a dummy that was dressed exactly like Matsuda.

I spotted Mr Yagami throw a bag full of heavy things to the ground. This was to make it more believable that Matsuda fell to the ground.

"HE FELL!!" One of the men shouted as he heard the sound of the bag against the ground. I spotted the men run to the banister and peer over it.

This was Light's que...

L had obviously took the handcuffs off to make this work.

Light had to stand a few centimetres away from the dummy and panic.

"OH GOD! I BETTER CALL AN AMBULANCE!!" Light yelled.

This was L and my que...

We were in an ambulance, watching everything from a small TV inside the ambulance. We were dressed like paramedics.

I was driving the ambulance. I drove over to where the dummy was and L and I carefully lifted the dummy onto the stretcher, being extra careful not to let anyone notice that it was actually a dummy.

Once we had took the stretcher back into the ambulance, I drove back to headquarters.

"I understand that we are very short handed, but I really didn't want to do a job like this", L said, biting his nail.
"Matsuda, you idiot".

I giggled nervously. I felt like an idiot too. This is all Matsuda's fault! Stupid Matsuda!

-A week later-

(Y/N)'s Pov

It had been a while since Matsuda's incident and since then, we had been able to determine that Yotsuba really are behind these killings.

Misa had also went to the Yotsuba Tokyo office for her interview on whether she would be able to appear in their commercials.

They hired her, but Misa came back with another surprise.

A man named Higuchi was the new Kira...

She created a plan and got him to confess. She isn't as stupid as people think.

We were now going after Higuchi. He did seem suspicious. I was told to place cameras around his cars.
That guy has 6 cars!! Who needs that many?!

Anyways, L had came up with a plan to trick Higuchi using Sakura TV.
He had arranged for two people to be there and have there faces covered, but then the thing covering the person's face will fall down, showing their face.

"We'll have to have someone in there that Higuchi knows he'll be able to kill easily", L said.

"We're not gonna be able to find someone like that, are we?" Matsuda said.

We all looked at Matsuda.

"You're the only one who could do it", Light said.

"Yes", L said. "Higuchi believes you died, so if he finds out you're still alive, he'll try to kill you, but I've arranged so that he doesn't find your real name".

"B-But wh-what i-if he h-has th-the same p-p-powers a-as the s-second K-Kira?" I ask.

"Yes, that is a problem", L said. "If Higuchi is able to kill just by looking at someone's face, then Matsuda will die".

I flinched as Matsuda gasped.

"I doubt that's the case, giving the circumstances", Light said.

"You need to decide if you want to do this Matsuda", L said.

It was silent for a moment, before Matsuda stepped forward:

"I want to do this", he said.

(A/N): My plot point is getting closer, so don't worry. I'll have more L X Reader stuff coming soon. I promise!