Chapter 3

(Y/N)'s Pov

I got up and quickly made my way out of the room to where L was heading.

L crouched back down in a seat and turned to face everyone.

"Everyone, I think we should start investigating the people Raye Penber was tailing, before he died", he said.

"That makes sense", Matsuda said.

"And particularly, Raye tailed two suspects for quite some time. I think we should start by investigating them first", L said.

"Alright, and who are these two suspects", the chief asked.

L shot him a serious look.

"Deputy Director Kitamura, and Detective Superintendent Yagami and their families", L replied.

Everyone gasped, including myself and looked between L and the chief.

"Starting tomorrow, I would like to place wiretaps and surveillance cameras in both households", L then said.

Aizawa then shot up from his seat.

"We can't do that!" He said.

"Exactly! What are you saying?!" Matsuda said.

"Th-That's i-illegal", I say.

"Yeah! We'd all lose our jobs!" Aizawa yelled at L, who remained perfectly calm.

"You all said you would risk your lives to catch Kira, but you wouldn't risk your jobs?" L raised his voice a little bit and shot all of us a serious look.

There was an awkward silence as we were all too scared to say anything.
But soon, Cheif Yagami broke the silence by saying:

"Ryuzaki, what are the odds of Kira being in one of those households?"

L looked up at the ceiling in thought, before replying with:

"10%. No, it's more like 5%".

'Seriously?! That low a percentage?!' I thought.

"I'm sorry, but with a percentage like that, there's no way we should do this!" Matsuda said.

"No!" The Chief snapped. "No matter what the percentage is, we can't afford to take the risk. We haven't had anyone suspicious so far, so we should do it!"

Myself, and the other two men gasped as the Chief looked at L and said:

"I'm very offended to know that my family is under suspicion, but just go along with it. And make sure not to leave any blind spots!"

L nodded.

"Thank you very much. That was my intention".

"You don't have to go along with this Chief!" Matsuda said.

"We have no choice! Now just shut up!" The Chief snapped back.

'Poor guy. Must be real hard on him', I thought.

L sat back down.

"Only Mr Yagami and myself will be watching the tapes of the Yagami family. I'd also like to have Yuki assist us too", L looked at me.

"O-Oh! M-Me?" I stutter, pointing at myself.

"Yes. You're name is Yuki, isn't it?"

"Mmm hmm!" I nodded.

"Matsuda and Aizawa, I'd like you two to look over the video footage of the Kitamura family", L said to them.

They nodded in agreement and left for another room.