Chapter 14

Light's Pov

"P-Pleased to meet you. I'm Misa Amane", the blonde girl bowed to me politely.

'What the hell? How did this girl know where we lived? I've never met this girl in my life!'

"I thought you might have gotten worried when you saw that Sakura TV broadcast with the tapes! I just couldn't take it anymore, so I brought...this notebook!"

She held out a black notebook.

'Wait! Is that...a Death Note...?'

I touched it and was caught off guard by a Shinigami staring at me.

'She's the fake Kira we've been searching for!' I thought as I growled a little.

'Since I'm the real Kira, I could use this girl to my advantage. I'm still quite confused as to how she found me but that's not worth thinking about right now'.

"Please come in", I say, walking into my house.

"Are you sure? Thank you", Misa walked in and bowed to my mom and Sayu.

"Mom, she came all this way to return my notebook! Could you make us some tea please?" I ask.

"Sure", mom replied.

I enter my room and Misa follows behind.

"Have a seat", I say, gesturing to my computer chair.

"Thank you", she said and sat down.

It was silent for a moment. I glared at Misa as she just stared at me calmly.

Soon, I broke the silence...

"How did you find me?"

She gasped.

"I knew it! You never made the Shinigami eye deal!" She said.

"Huh?"

"When you make the deal for the Shinigami eyes, you can see most people's name and life spans just by looking at them. However, you can't see the life span of someone who owns a Death Note", Misa continued.

'So she obviously went to Aoyama on
May 22nd. So that's how she found me'.

"Well, now you've been able to find me", I say, folding my arms. "But you were careless! What if you slipped up and the police caught you?! Then they'd know everything about Kira and the Death Note!" I raised my voice at her.

"It's alright", Misa replied calmly. "Because the police didn't catch me! And if I do as you say from now on, they'll never be able too! So we're safe!"

'So she also kept her promise by saying she'll obey me', I thought.

"Also, don't you need someone to see L's real name?" Misa asked.

"If you want, I could be your eyes!" I watched as Misa's eyes went bright red.

I'll have to admit, the Shinigami eyes looked quite cool.

"So will you please..." Misa began, but stopped as she looked at the ground.

"What?"

"Will you please make me your girlfriend?!" She asked, looking up at me and her face going bright pink.

"Girlfriend?"

'Was she serious?'

"Yes".

I heard Ryuk laugh behind me.

'But if she finds out that I'm manipulating her and gets hurt, she'd probably kill me', I thought.

"Impossible! There were cameras placed all around Aoyama! Anyone who went to Aoyama that day was sure to be caught on camera, that includes me! If we were seen together, it wouldn't look that great. People would get suspicious!" I say, changing the subject.

"But look!" Misa went into her handbag and pulled out some photos. "These were photographs of me when I went to Aoyama that day!"

I took the photos from her. She was dressed in a sailor suit and she was wearing a short black wig and glasses. She looked like a totally different person.

"Okay, and what about your fingerprints?" I ask. "You probably left fingerprints on the tapes!"

"Those aren't my fingerprints! It's not like I'd do these things without thinking about them first!" Misa raised her voice at me.
"I had a friend help me out. Those are her fingerprints!"

"And where is your friend now?"

"Why are you doing this to me?! If you want me to kill her, just say so and I'll kill her!" Misa leaned forward in her seat, before sighing.

"If you really can trust me, then here-!"

She handed me her Death Note.

"-I'll even let you hold onto my Death Note! But you'd just be holding it! I'd still be the owner and that means I get to keep my Shinigami eyes! Isn't that right Rem?"

She looked over to her Shinigami.

"Yes, that's correct", Rem replied.

I take the Death Note from Misa but I soon realise:

"Wait! You could be hiding several pages of the Death Note with you! You could-"

I was cut off by Misa shooting out of her seat.

"W-Why are you so suspicious of me?!" She yelled at me. "I don't care, even if all you do is use me! Believe me!"

I saw tears form in her eyes.

'Why would she go this far?' I thought.

Misa soon collapsed to the floor.

"When I was very young, my parents were killed in a robbery! It happened right in front of me! I wanted that man to pay for what he did! The court were letting him off for what he did, and everyone was saying he was innocent! And then it happened! Kira punished the man who killed my parents! That's why Kira means everything to me!"

"..."

"All...All I wanted was a chance to meet you one day!" Misa shouted.

"So I could thank you for what you did..."

Misa broke down crying then.

'So all of this...was just for her to meet Kira and thank him?' I thought.
'Still, she was clever enough to not get recognised or leave her fingerprints. She's not as stupid as she looks'.

I walked over to Misa and wrapped my arms around her, causing her to gasp.

"I understand. I can't be your boyfriend, but I can act like it", I say to her.
"All this trouble you've went through, those eyes that you sacrificed half of your life to get, will become my weapon!"

"Thank you so much! I'll try my hardest to make you love me! I promise!" Misa said, hugging me back.

I smirk and lightly chuckle.

'I'll arrange for her to meet L. When they meet, Misa will see his real name. I'll have her tell me his real name, and I'll kill him. And when that's done, I'll kill her too!'

I broke the hug.

'Besides, she's the only one who knows Kira's true identity. The only one. I can't let her live much longer...'