Chapter 21

(A/N): I kinda forgot to put the Chief in confinement too, so I'll just say that he's there. My bad.

-A few days later-

L's Pov

"Guys! Have you heard the news?!" Matsuda burst through the door carrying a newspaper.
"Criminals are now being killed again!"

"Yeah. Kira's back", Aizawa said.

"Where's the Chief?" Matsuda asked.

"What? You don't know?" Aizawa replied. "He decided he wanted to go into confinement too because he didn't want his personal feelings getting in the way".

"Oh! Of course. It must be hard for him, knowing that his own son is also in confinement. But we have to tell him about these new criminals dying!"

Matsuda rushed over to my microphone and picked it up.

"Cheif! Kira started killing again!"

"What?!" The Chief shot out of his seat.

"It seems like Kira was only resting! But now he's returned!" Matsuda yelled.

"Th-Then that means my son...I shouldn't be happy that criminals are being killed, but at least my son will be cleared from suspicion", the Chief said, pushing his glasses up.
"All that's left is for Ryuzaki to believe that my son isn't Kira".

I looked at Matsuda, then Aizawa.

What was I to do at this point?

"Well...he's in the grey?" I say.

"Did you hear what he just said Cheif?!" Matsuda was obviously quite happy about that.

"Yeah. It's a lot better than saying he's completely guilty!"

"Let's tell Light and Yuki!" Matsuda reached for my other microphone but I smacked his hand away before he could reach it.

"Please don't, Mr Matsuda. We can't tell Light about this. I'll call Yuki through her cell phone, but I don't want Light finding out just yet", I say.

"H-Huh?"

I decide to call (Y/N) through her cell phone.

She picked up almost immediately.

"H-Hello?"

"Yuki, Kira has started punishing criminals again", I say.

"Wh-What?!"

(Y/N)'s Pov

'This wasn't good. Light told me he was Kira and that he was planning to use me, but if Kira has begun killing again and Light is being watched, that must mean he isn't Kira? But why would he say that he was Kira and try to get to me? None of this makes sense!'

"Th-That's awful", I replied.

"Yes".

"B-But what a-about Light?"

"I'm not sure what to think anymore".

L then hung up.

I felt bad for him. We were getting closer!

-A few hours later-

"Light!" I hear L speak through the speaker.

"What is it?" Light replied.

"You've been in here for quite some time now, and not a single criminal has been killed. So why make this any harder than it needs to be?! Are you ready to confess that you are Kira?"