Chapter 37 - The Final Chapter

-3 weeks later-

(Y/N)'s Pov

I flopped myself onto my bed and pulled out my laptop. I went to look for another job since I've most likely lost my job as a police officer.

'Hmm...Engineer? Nah. Technician? Nope...'

I continued browsing through websites to look for jobs, until I heard my laptop go off.

It was an e-mail.

I open it up:

(Y/N), we will reunite again very soon

~Ryuzaki ♡

'What the? Was this L? Or was this some scam?'

My mind kept switching between those two questions.

I never gave L my E-mail address, so he couldn't have sent me any e-mails. It must be a scam.

I ignored the e-mail and went back to searching for jobs.

"A tattoo artist? Hmm..."

Suddenly, I heard (S/N) shout:

"(Y/N)! You have a visitor!"

I jump out bed and head to the front door.

My eyes widen at who I saw...

"Hello again (Y/N)".

I stood there in shock for a moment as I take L's presence back in. Watari was standing behind him.

"W-Wait a sec (S/N)", I say to her, walking out the front door and closing it behind me.

"We reunite again", L says.

I didn't say anything. I just wrapped my arms around L and hugged him tightly, sobbing into his shirt.

"I-I'm so h-happy t-to see you again!" I say.

"I'm happy to see you too (Y/N)", L stroked my hair.

"H-How do you kn-know where I live a-anyway?" I broke the hug and look L in the eyes.

"There are still a few things you don't know about me (Y/N). One, is that I am an expert hacker", L gave me a small smirk.

"H-Hey! That's p-personal information!" I hit L's arm.

"I had to look through through your information so I send you the e-mail saying that we will reunite".

"S-So that was you?"

"Yes. Of course".

"Wh-Why are you here anyway? N-Not that there's anything wrong with that!!"

"We have a new case", L said.

My eyes widened.

"And I'd like you to assist us (Y/N)".

"B-But I'm not a p-police officer anymore", I say.

"I'm aware of that. But you're incredibly smart, so that would be an advantage for us. So, are you willing to assist us?"

"D-Does that mean I'll have t-to go back to Japan?" I ask.

"No. I had Watari rent an apartment here in (C). It's just a short trip by car. It will just be the three of us working on this new case", L said.

"O-Okay! I'll help!"

"Good", L smiled, before planting a kiss on my lips.

"I've waited 3 weeks to do that", L said.

I giggle.

"(S/N)! I'm gonna be working on a new case!" I open the front door and call to (S/N).

"Already?! Goodness!" My sister came to the door and inspected L again.

"So...you're her boyfriend?"

"Well..."

"I KNEW IT!! You better treat (Y/N) right!"

"(S/N)...Please!"

"I understand", L said.

"I-I gotta go now!" I call to my sister, before leaving to go with L.

It's crazy! Throughout my whole life, I've always been a very shy and anxious person. I never really had any interactions with people, only from those at the police station. But they were strict and I never thought of any of them as friends. Only collegues. Now, I've managed to open up and make new friends! I never thought that could happen to someone like me. I also managed to see the soft side of L. Something that is very hard to receive. He seems to be like a totally different person when he's around me. It makes me feel special, but it also makes me feel like I have a purpose on this planet now!
I can smile, laugh and communicate now. It's incredible and I couldn't believe it.