Chapter 6

(Y/N)'s Pov

The three of us raced to the hospital!

We found Mr Yagami lying in a hospital bed.
He was still alive! Thank goodness!

"So, the doctor thinks stress was the only cause?" Light asked his father.

"Yeah", he replied. "At first I thought it was Kira when I first collapsed, but I'll be alright. It seems I've been pushing myself a bit too hard lately".

"Indeed", L began.

"It-It must have a-added to your st-stress knowing that L-Light is a s-suspect!" I say, fidgeting.

"You actually told my father that?!" Light asked, turning to face L and me.

"Yes", L said. "I've told him everything. He even knows that I am L".

Light gasped then turned back to his father.

"That's right", the Chief said. "This man is L. On the taskforce, we refer to him as Ryuzaki, but make no mistake, it's him!"

Light shot L and I a strange look.

'I bet you're planning on getting rid of us right now, Kira!' I thought, as I glare at Light.

By now, all my suspicions point to Light being Kira! I just didn't have any proof, so I couldn't do anything! It irritated me!

"Ryuzaki, now that you have been able to talk to my son, is he cleared?" The Chief asked.

"When I said I suspected Light, remember that it's very minor", L said. "We've gone over this before but I'll say it again for Light and Yuki. Not long ago, Kira killed 12 FBI agents that were sent to Japan to investigate in secret. One of the agents, Raye Penber, died on a platform after performing some suspicious behaviour beforehand. He was tailing a Kira suspect".

"I understand", Light said, sitting back on his chair and folding his arms.
"I was actually one of the people Raye Penber was investigating. So it makes sense that I would be a suspect".

"I find Light's deductive skills impressive", L said. "He's always quick and to the point".

"L-Light may be h-helpful to this c-case!" I say, trying to agree with L, as much as I felt uncomfortable around Light.

"Yes", L agreed.

"I would like to help", Light said.

"No Light!" The Chief said. "This is the time where you should be studying to become a police officer. You have plenty of time to join us afterwards".

"Come on Dad! Who knows how many years that'll take?!" Light raised his voice and stood up from his chair.
"And don't you remember my promise? That if anything were to happen to you, I'd find Kira and make sure he gets executed!"

'Such determination...It doesn't seem like an act to me...' I thought.

What the hell? One minute, I'm certain he's Kira and the next...

"Excuse me", A young nurse came in. "Visiting ours were over 10 minutes ago".

L, Light and myself had to leave.

"Ryuga?" Light asked as L and I approached Watari's car.

L turned around.

"What will it take for you to believe that I'm not Kira?" Light asked. "Isn't there something?"

"If you aren't Kira, it won't be necessary. Let things run their core and the truth will be revealed", L said.

"Put yourself in my shoes!" Light snapped. "How do you think it feels to be accused of being Kira?!"