Chapter 4

(Y/N)'s Pov

"H-Huh?!" I asked, confused as L stood up.

"Light Yagami is our prime suspect in this case. I also think he would be a great help to this case as his deductive skills are very impressive. I want to meet him and have him assist us in this investigation, but I want you to be there too, just in case anything happens", L said to me. "I also think that you would fit in perfectly with Light's school, since you are still quite young Yuki".

"O-Oh. I-I see".

"Hey Yuki. There's something I want to ask you", Aizawa asked me.

I turned my attention towards him.

"Why do you stutter so much? This is the Kira investigation and you have to act seriously!" He said.

I flinched. I didn't want to tell them I had social anxiety!

"Uh...Well...I-I guess it's just b-because I'm shy and I-I don't really know y-you all v-very well", I say looking at the floor and fidgeting.

"There's no need to be shy Yuki! We're all good friends here!" Matsuda said, trying to cheer me up.

I smiled at him and nodded.

"Now, let's get going Yuki", L said, leaving the room. I quickly got up and followed L out the room.

-Later-

'I didn't think we'd have to do the exam!' I thought.

L and I were sitting in an exam hall, sitting an entrance exam. This exam would get us into college if we scored high marks.
Considering that L is the world's greatest detective, this should be a piece of cake for him!
I don't know about me. I mean, I am pretty smart, but I don't really have a lot of confidence in myself.

"You there! Student number 162! Sit properly in your seat!" The exam coordinator yelled.

He was obviously talking to L, but L didn't even pay attention. He was staring at Light, who was staring back.
Things were gonna get messy from here.

-After The Exam-

'Wow! There's so many people!' I thought, looking around the massive hall.

'Hmm, so the one who scores the highest in the exam, has to give a speech to everyone'.

"Freshman representative, Light Yagami", a man called out, causing me to flinch because I wasn't paying attention.

"Here!" The brunette boy stood up and walked over to the front.

"And also, Hideki Ryuga!" The man called out.

"Here!"

L got up and walked over to the front with Light.

'I see! This must be a part of L's plan, to not use the name Ryuzaki!' I thought.

My name wasn't called. Thank goodness! I couldn't do a speech in front of this many people!

I listened carefully as the two men gave out their part of the speech.
I heard people make comments about the two, saying nice things about Light, and negative things about L! I took no notice to them!

As they came back to sit down, I noticed L talking to Light.

"I'm L!" He whispered to Light as the two sat back down.

Both Light and myself gasped.
I never thought he would straight up say that he was L to Light!

'He has some other goal in mind!' I thought.