Chapter 23

(Y/N)'s Pov

"That'd be wonderful", Misa said, sighing with relief and clinging onto Light's arm, making me flinch just a little bit.

"I've always been greatful to Kira for punishing the man who killed my parents, so if I found out my Light was actually Kira, that'd be like a bonus!" Misa said, snuggling into Light's arm.

"It's Kira though", L said. "You'd love him even more for that? Wouldn't you be scared? What if he tried to kill you?"

"You're talking about Light being Kira?" Misa said. "He wouldn't be scary at all! I'd find out how I'd be able to help him!"

L groaned as his eyes narrowed.

"That's very kind of you, but I'm sure Kira doesn't need your help", he said.

"Well Misa, there is no doubt that you are the second Kira", L said. "But you make it so painfully obvious, that I don't wanna believe it".

"Whatever! It's not believable cause I'm not the second Kira, alright?!" Misa stuck out her tongue.

I just stood there looking like an idiot and began to laugh nervously.

"Well, from the most part of your life will return to normal, but for all work related affairs, Mr Matsuda will be accompanying you as your new manager, Matsui", L said.

"He's my manager?! You can't be serious!!" Misa shouted.

"What's wrong with me Misa Misa?!" Matsuda asked.

"WILL YOU CUT IT OUT WITH ALL THIS DATING, KISSING AND MISA MISA TALK ALREADY?!" Aizawa snapped, slamming his hands on the table in front of him.

This caused me to jump and I fell right into L, almost knocking him over!

"S-Sorry!" I whisper, tensing up and blushing as I turn away from L as he looked at me in surprise. "I-I just g-got a little f-f-fright".

"That's alright Yuki", L said, patting my head and causing me to blush more.

"Sorry about that Aizawa", Matsuda said, scratching his head.

"No, it's alright", he replied, standing up. "I just figured out what the problem is".

Aizawa got up and approached Misa.

"Misa Amane, it's time for you to go to your room!" He said, dragging Misa out the door and slamming it in her face.

"So Light, are you serious about her?" L asked.

"No way", Light said. "It's completely one sided".

"Then, could you try and be serious with Misa. We might be able to get some information out of her", L said.

"I-I c-could try a-and g-get some i-information out of h-her s-since we a-are b-both friends!" I say.

"That would also be a good idea", L said to me.

I turned to Light.

"L-Light".

"Yes?"

"I-I need to a-ask you an i-important qu-question!" I begin.

"Okay. What is it?"

"A-Are you p-planning on u-using me f-for your own p-personal g-gain?"

'I was serious about this! This could all just be a an act!'

"What are you talking about Yuki?! There's no way I'd do that! You're a nice girl! I wouldn't use you!" Light replied.

"It...it sounds believable!" I thought.

"R-Really? Th-Thank you", I begin playing with my hair again as I blush a little bit.

I noticed L's eyes narrow towards Light as I turn away. It doesn't look like Light noticed though.
Is L jealous or something?

'Shut up (Y/N). That's not true at all. That would never happen'.

L then put his hands on my shoulders, causing me to flinch.

"Right. Let's get back to work", L said, before walking back to his desk and dragging Light and I with him. We almost fell over.

I took a seat next to L and Light sat next to me.

I then heard L whisper something very quietly in my ear.

"I still haven't been able to figure out if this is an act or not, but I still want you to be careful around Light.

I nod slowly at him.

"I-I will. B-But he h-hasn't done a-anything to m-me", I whisper back.

I spot Light turn over to look at me. He gave me a small smile, causing me to blush and look away.

'What's happened to you Light?'

(A/N): Sorry this part is a little shorter. I will get a longer chapter out soon!