Chapter 8

"Chief!" Matsuda shouted as him and Aizawa ran over to him.

Watari came in with his arm around the chief's shoulders, helping him into the room.

"Ryuzaki, I have all the tapes. Everything that Kira sent to the Sakura TV station is all in here", the chief said, handing L a small bag.

"I can't thank you enough", L said, taking the bag from him and pulling out the tapes to take a look at them.

I watch as L looked at the tapes.

"You're a member of the taskforce too. So I can't let you die either."

L's words kept repeating in my head.

My heart began to pound again.

I shook my head to get the thoughts out.

'Stop (Y/N)! It was only once! And he was trying to cheer you up! Yes, that's right! It's not like he feels like that towards you!'

I sigh. I shouldn't be thinking about things like that.

L pulled out an envelope from the bag.

I walked over to L to take a look at the
envelope.

I peered over L's shoulder to see a postmark saying 'Osaka'.

'But if Kira can control the time of his victims' deaths, so he could have sent this from Osaka without going there himself'.

"Something wrong Yuki?" L caught sight of me and turned to face me.

"Uh! N-No!! N-Nothing! I-I just wanted t-to have a look at th-the e-envelope!"
I started waving my hands around as the thoughts from earlier came back to me. I felt my cheeks heat up and my heart pound!!

"The envelope is from Osaka", L said.

It was like he completely forgot about what happened earlier!

"But we both now that Kira can control the time of his victims' deaths, so he didn't have to go to Osaka", L said.

I nodded.

"Everyone, I'm going to take a look through these tapes now", L said.
"But I'd like Yuki to assist me".

"H-Huh?! W-Why me?!"

"I think you may be able to find something I might not".

And with that, L walked out into another room. I quickly followed him.

"Have a seat", L gestured for me to sit down.

I took a seat as L put on the first tape.

I felt really awkward being alone with L. I couldn't get the thoughts out of my head!

L sat himself down next to me, and took a bite out of some cake that was on the table in front of him.

"Watch carefully", L said, inbetween chews as he stared blankly at the screen.

"Uh...R-Ryuzaki...?" I stutter.

"What is it Yuki?" L turned to face me.

The tape began to play.

"Uh...Nothing..." I turn away from him.

I could see L tilt his head in confusion, from the corner of my eye.

-Later-

"So, what did you think of these tapes?" The Chief asked.

"They were very interesting", L said, turning to face him.

"It seems that Kira wanted us to decide whether the police will work with him or not. We have to broadcast tape 3 if the answer is yes or tape 4 if the answer is no".

Everyone was surprised.

"If we agreed to Kira's plans, then we have to make sure some of the worst criminals are presented on the news so that Kira could get rid of them. He also wants L to appear on TV so he could stop the investigation", L said.

"What about if we said no?" The Chief asked.

"It's worded differently but it pretty much says the same thing", L pointed out.

"B-But, we're n-not gonna w-work with K-Kira!" I say.

"That's right. I'm sure you all know that", L said. "Mr Yagami, please contact Sakura TV and tell them to broadcast tape 4 please", L says.

-Another Time Skip-

"It's a shame that the police are not planning to assist me", Kira said through the tape.
"This will not go unpunished. So I have decided that I will either get rid of the director of the NPA, or the detective known as L who is leading the investigation against me".

I gasped.

"The director general, or L? Who will you sacrifice because you failed to cooperate with me?! You have 4 days to decide!"

"Th-This is h-horrible!" I say.

"It's alright Yuki. There's no need to panic", L said in his usual monotone voice.

"Mr Yagami?" L said.

"Yes?"

"I'd like to ask your son if he would cooperate with us on this investigation".

(A/N): Sorry this chapter is a little shorter. I hope you all enjoyed nonetheless! Next chapter shall be out soon! :)