Chapter 17

(Y/N)'s Pov

Morning had come and I was woken up by the sun shining through the curtains in my room.

I quickly got up and made my way out my room to find L waiting for me outside the door, causing me to jump back and squeal.

"Sorry to scare you (Y/N)", L said. "You ready to go?"

I nod and start blushing again.

"Good, but before we leave, I'd like to show you something".

"O-Okay".

L took me by the hand lead me to the main room of the taskforce.

"Okay Yuki, I'd like you to have a look at these", L said, pointing to a table.

I walked over to it to see that it was covered with physical evidence.
I started to examine the evidence, when L suddenly said:

"Mr Yagami, if I die within the next few days, your son is Kira".

I stopped as the Chief gasped and shot out from his seat.

"What did you just say Ryuzaki?!" He asked.

"Exactly! What are you saying?!" Matsuda asked.

"If I die in the next few days, I'll have Watari take over. I'm counting on you all", L said, as he began to examine the evidence too. He took the cup of coffee that was sitting on the table and sipped it.

"How much do you suspect my son?" The Chief asked.

"The truth is, I don't really know what to think anymore", L said.
I shot him a concerned look.

"Maybe I still suspect him because we don't have anyone else", L said, sipping his coffee. "But if I do end up dying soon, please believe that Light is Kira".

The room went silent for a moment.

"Come on, let's go Yuki", L said, shoving his hands in his pockets and heading to the door. I quickly followed him.

-Time Skip-

(Y/N)'s Pov

We made it to Light's college. L and I were sitting on a bench outside. L was reading a book while I was playing games on my phone.

Soon, I heard what appeared to be Light's voice, coming towards us. I look up from my phone to see that it is Light. He was walking with some girl with black hair. They were talking and laughing together.
His girlfriend maybe?

'Hmm', I thought.

It seems like Light had spotted us, because he stopped talking to the girl and turned to look at L and I.

L immediately stopped reading and shot his arm up in the air.

"Hey Light!" He said happily.

'Why the sudden change in attitude?' I thought. 'Is it because that girl is there?'

L put his arm down.

"How's it going?" He asked Light, his happy expression changing to a frown.

'Nevermind then', I thought and giggled a little to myself.

Light turned back to the girl he was with.

"Kiyomi, could you please give us a minute. I need a moment alone with those two", I heard Light say.

"Oh, okay", The girl known as Kiyomi replied.

Light left her and came over to L and I.

"I hope she's not upset", L said.