Chapter 16

-Next Day-

Light's Pov

I make my way to my kitchen to make breakfast. I pot Sayu and mom already there.

"Morning Light!" They both say.

"Good morning. Hey, I need to tell you both something. You see, you can't tell dad, or anyone for that matter, about Misa. You see, she's a famous model and so people can't find out about us", I say.

"Wow! Really?! I thought she was pretty, but I had no idea! That's impressive, even for you Light!" Sayu said, surprised.
"But wait! What about that Yuki girl? I thought you said you were dating her? Did you cheat on her Light?"

"No...I didn't...She just...thought it would be best for us to just be friends", I lie.

'It'll be fine...I have plenty of time to use Yuki...'

"Really? That's a shame. I would have loved to meet her", Sayu says.

"I'm sure you'll meet her one day..."

-Later-

Light's Pov

"Good morning Light. You're timing couldn't have been better actually", L said. "We just got another reply from the second Kira".

"Wow, that was fast", I say.

"Yes", he said. "Take a look at this".

L pushed a button on the remote and the message was displayed.

"I have decided to stop searching for Kira. And I'd like to thank the police department for all their help. However, I still plan on helping Kira in his mission. I will start by punishing criminals that Kira has yet to judge and I will also share my powers with those who I feel are worthy".

'It was just the message I told Misa to say. Good'. I thought.

(Y/N)'s Pov

'Judging from what this Kira is saying, it could only make sense that the two Kira's have made contact!'

L turned the TV off and put the remote down.

"Judging from this, I think it's safe to say that the two Kira's have made contact", L said.

'Yep, he caught onto it too'.

"What makes you think that?" Light asked.

"Oh come on, didn't you sense it? I'm sure you would have came to the same conclusion I did after watching this", L said, taking out a doughnut out of a small box and taking a bite out of it.

"Why does this Kira suddenly have a change of heart? He wants to punish criminals that Kira hasn't? Why didn't he do this to begin with?" L asked, inbetween chews.
"I'm guessing it's because he never thought that far ahead. I bet he met the real Kira and was told to say these words as a way to hide the fact that they met".

'Exactly what I was thinking!' I thought, surprised that L had managed to catch onto what I was thinking too.

"Yeah, that makes sense", Light said.

"Th-That's what I-I thought t-too!" I say.

"I'm glad we both agree", L said to me.
I blush a little and trace a circle on the floor with my foot, putting my hands behind my back.

"B-But...If L-Light is K-Kira, I-I don't think th-this is the m-message he'd g-get the s-second K-Kira to s-say", I said.

"Huh?" Light asked.

"Yes, I agree with Yuki", L said. "If Light were Kira, I'm certain that he would have the second Kira continue with his command to have me appear on TV".