Chapter 27

(A/N): Okay, so around this point, we meet Aiber and Wedy, but I can't be bothered adding them in. Plus, I don't want that many characters in this story.

-2 Days Later-

(Y/N)'s Pov

"So one less person", Matsuda sighed. "Such a shame with such a large building".

He then looked over to me.

"Plus, Yuki hasn't spoken much in these last two days".

I flinched.

"U-Uh...Well..." I started fidgeting.

"Yuki isn't getting distracted from her work, unlike you Matsuda", L said.

"H-Hey!"

"I found another one Ryuzaki!" Light said.

L rolled his chair over to Light, causing me to go with him.

"A man named Junichi Yaibe slipped on his front door step and fell on September 10th. He died instantly of a head wound. The man is a division manager for Otomo Bank. He was scheduled to take over as president next month. He was widely known as the best man in the Otomo organisation", Light said.
"Otomo Bank is in crisis. At this rate, Yotsuba bank will surpass them as the country's largest..."

'So Yotsuba probably is behind this...' I thought.

"September 10th was a Friday right?" The Chief asked, walking over to us carrying some files.

"I re-examined our data and I noticed that the deaths convenient to Yotsuba are concentrated around the weekends. And among the deaths in the last three months, the accidental deaths were scattered at first, but now more have been between Friday night and Saturday. This includes the three heart attack deaths Light first noticed".

"They're being concentrated around the weekends? Why?" Light asked.

"Hmm. It's odd", L said. "If these deaths connected to Kira, then that would mean he'd spread them out randomly to make them harder to detect...But what is the meaning behind this? Is this truly the work of Kira?"

"That's a very important clue dad. Nice work!" Light said.

"Is Kira someone from Yotsuba? Or is Kira using Yotsuba? I haven't figured that out yet", L said. "But we will proceed under the assumption that this is Kira's doing. We will investigate Yotsuba thoroughly".

"O-Oh! I-I almost f-f-forgot!" I stutter, rolling my chair back to the desk I was working at, taking L and Light with me.

"H-H-Here. I-I've c-completed the Y-Y-Yotsuba e-employee list, h-home a-and a-abroad. I-I was s-supposed t-to g-give you th-them e-earlier. S-Sorry a-about that", I say, hesitantly grabbing a huge bundle of files and sliding them across the desk to L.

"Thank you very much Yuki", L said, taking the files and looking over them.

"That's 300,000 people! How were you able to do that so quickly?! That's incredible Yuki!" Light said to me.

"O-Oh! Th-Thank you..." I say, fiddling with my shirt.

"Ryuzaki", Matsuda said, standing up.
"Is there anything I can do to help with the investigation? Besides being Misa Misa's manager?"

"You really wanna be useful?" L asked.

"Yes!"

"Then, could you get me another cup of coffee?"

I giggled a little.

"Fine..." Matsuda sighed.

-A few days later-

Light's Pov

'Kira is still killing criminals. I need to focus on capturing Kira as soon as possible', I thought.

"What's wrong Light?" I heard L ask me.

"Nothing. Just tired from staring at the monitor all day. I've hacked into the Yotsuba company computer. But there's nothing here that leads to Kira. Not that I expected them to leave that kind of evidence here though", I say to him.

"Now everyone", L said, turning around in his seat.

We all turned to face L.

"I'm sure you all understand this, but I'm going to go over it again. The enemy is Yotsuba, but also Kira", L began.
"With the heart attacks beneficial to Yotsuba, things are definitely connecting. Assuming this power is the ability to kill with the mind as long as you know a person's name and face, it will be very difficult to uncover. And there is a small possibility that this power passes from person to person. That's why we must not let Yotsuba know that we are investigating them. We will investigate quietly and carefully. And please do not act out of panic or take matters into your own hands without my instruction".

(Y/N)'s Pov

So my job was to place security cameras around the Yotsuba's main office. I could do that. I've done something like that in cases I've worked on in the past.

We soon heard the familiar beeping noise come from L's computer.

"Ryuzaki". It was Watari.

"What is it Watari?"

"I've just revived a distress signal from Matsuda's belt".

'Huh? Matsuda was away with Misa who was rehearsing a new part for her next movie. Could Misa and Matsuda be in danger?'

"Oh where is he?" L asked, sighing.

"It seems to be coming from the Yotsuba Tokyo office", Watari replied.

We all gasped except L.

"WHAT IS MATSUDA DOING?!" The Chief yelled. "IF HE IS UNCOVERED..."

"If he's sending a distress signal, there's a chance he's probably been..." Light began.

'If Matsuda is there...And he's been found...'

"H-He m-might b-be k-killed...!" I said.

"Just forget everything I just said...We'll have to rethink our strategy..." L said in an annoyed tone.

"Matsuda, you idiot!"

(A/N): I know I've probably cut out some important parts. But I don't want this part to go on for too long as I have a pretty big plot point around the corner.