Chapter 32

(Y/N)'s Pov

I had to do something! I couldn't let Light do this!

'Think (Y/N)! Think!'

I could tell L, but he needs solid proof in order to believe anything. He would tell me he believes me, but I'm certain he's just bluffing.

I have to do this on my own...!

I'm gonna save L...!

I struggled to get up, but I used all the power I had left in me to stand.

"I-It's people l-like you wh-who d-deserve to b-be p-p-punished!" I manage to force those words out of my mouth. I had no idea how I gained this confidence.

Light just laughed at me.

"Oh (Y/N). If you weren't involved with L, I'm sure we could have been pretty good friends".

I watched as Light pulled out a small piece of the notebook from the watch he was wearing on his wrist.

My eyes widened as I realised...

"That's right (Y/N). I killed Higuchi", Light said. "Now it's time for you to die!"

"W-Wait!" I shout. "Y-You, M-Misa and R-Ryuzaki are th-the only one's wh-who kn-know my f-full name! W-We know R-Ryuzaki wouldn't k-kill me! M-Misa wouldn't k-kill me e-either c-cause w-we're f-friends!! I-It w-wouldn't take l-long t-to c-connect you t-to m-my death!"

Light stopped. He then put the piece of the notebook back in his watch.

"Oh, you're smart (Y/N). I never thought of that".

Light then walked over to me.

"Alright then (Y/N). I'll make a deal with you".

I tried to move backwards, but I was to weak.

Light put his fingers to my chin.

"I'll have you co-operate with me and help me in my mission in killing L".

I gasped and fell backwards onto the ground.

'After wanting to kill me, he says something like this?!'

"What's wrong (Y/N)?" Light says. "We will work together, that is, if you still wanna live. I want you to find out L's real name. If I suspect that you are trying something against me or you give me a fake name, I won't hesitate to kill you, and I'll have Rem kill L so no one will know!"

Light then crawled on top of me.

"G-Get away f-from me!" I say.

"I do need a goddess for the new world. Misa isn't the right one. You could be (Y/N)".

"H-How do I kn-know th-that y-you aren't j-just g-gonna use m-me? I-If I f-find L's r-real name, y-you'd p-probably k-kill me too h-huh?"

Light snickered.

"Well, if you co-operate with me, then I won't kill you. You'll have to help me get out of suspicion and you must not go after me, or I will kill you and Rem will kill L".

What was I supposed to do now? Light did know my name now, and he has an advantage, Rem. If I don't do this, we're both gonna end up dead!

I sigh, giving in. I am still a very weak person, so I couldn't do anything to get me out of this situation.

"A-Alright. I-I'll c-co-operate..."

Light's smile grew more wicked as his eyes widened.

"Yes! That's perfect! You really are something else (Y/N). I promise I will create a new, peaceful world free of evil! And to be honest, when I first met you, I thought you seemed pretty cool. So this is everything I had ever hoped for!"

Light then leaned down and kissed my cheek, causing me to squeal.

"Why are you so surprised (Y/N)? You're gonna be my goddess, so get used to it!"

I felt tears coming to my eyes.

"Light? Yuki?"

I gasp at the sound of a familiar voice. Light and I both turn our heads to see L standing there. His fists were clenched, but his face seemed like a mixture of anger, disappointment and shame.

"R-Ryuzaki!" I say.

"Get off her!" L snapped at Light.

Light got off me.

"What are you doing?!" L asked.

"Sorry Ryuzaki. I just tripped", Light replied.

"You made Yuki cry", L said, looking over to me, before storming up to Light and grabbing him by the shirt.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!" L snapped.

This was a side of L I had never seen before! It was scary.

"Sh-She hit her head on the floor when I fell on her. No big deal!" Light said.

L dropped Light to the ground.

"Yuki, are you okay?" L asked me.

"Mmm hmm", I say, nodding slowly.

"Come on. Let's get back to work", L said, grabbing my hand and leading me downstairs.

I look back to Light who gave me a small smirk as he winked at me.

I really have to think about my next move here...

(A/N): Sorry this part is a little shorter. The next part will be longer. I'm kinda tired too lol