Chapter 12

(Y/N)'s Pov

"I do feel that way about you Yuki", L said. I could feel L's breathing against my cheek as I turn away.

"I...I..."

I tried to say something but no words came out of my mouth!

Soon, Light pushed in! He put his arms inbetween L and I and separated the two of us.

"Ryuzaki, you're embarrassing Yuki!" He said.

'Where did this come from?' I thought.

"Besides, you said that personal feelings shouldn't be involved in the case", Light said to L. L just glared at him.

"Fair enough", L said, turning to his laptop. I turned to mine and started working.

I looked over at L who looked back at me and mouthed the words:

'Be careful, remember?'

I sigh and nod, turning back to my computer screen.

'The fact that Light barged in like that must mean that he's planning something', I thought.

Light's Pov

'Yuki must've thought I was planning something when I pushed in. She didn't say anything though', I thought.
'I need to be careful of my actions'.

I soon saw Yuki stand up from her seat, carrying some files. But she soon tripped and fell over, causing the files to fly everywhere.

I rushed over to Yuki.

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

"Uh...S-Sorry! I-I...I didn't mean t-to cause tr-trouble!" She said.

"No! Not at all! You just had an accident! No trouble caused!"

I noticed L stand up and come over to us.

"Are you hurt Yuki?" He asked.

"Oh! N-No! I'm okay! I-I just t-tripped!" Yuki said, scratching the back of her head.

"Here! I'll help you!" I began picking up the files that were scattered on the floor.

I spotted L grunt a little.

'Someone's jealous!' I thought.

'This just adds as an advantage to my plan! I've seen L get really close to Yuki, so if I get really close to her, L will start to crack with jealousy! That could help me out!'

"W-Why are y-you being so k-kind to me?" Yuki asked.

(Y/N)'s Pov

"I'm just doing what anyone would in this situation", Light said, with a smile.

'I know why you're being so kind to me. I know you're up to something Light! I understand what you're trying to do now. I'm happy to go along with your plan, if it'll help out with the case!' I thought.

"Light, leave the files. I'll get them. Get back to work", L said.

"Huh? Oh! Sure", Light stood up.

"I-It's okay! He's o-only trying t-to help!" I say.

I wink at L to signal that I want Light to help me.

"Well, okay then", L sat back down and got back to work.

I stand up.

"Ow!" I screech. I start limping.

"Let me help you!" Light came over to me and put an arm around my shoulders helping me stand.

I wasn't actually in pain. It was an act. I knew Light would come over to me.