Chapter 35

(Y/N)'s Pov

I've been in the hospital for about a week now. Each day I was getting physically better, but emotionally...I felt awful...

I loved staying in Japan...I didn't want to leave so soon...

The members of the taskforce came in every now and again, bringing me gifts to make me feel better.

L came in every day to check on me.
He brought some sweets and shared them with me. I felt really special when he did that. Throughout the whole investigation, L never shared his sweets with anyone.

Today, the nurse came into the room.

"Miss (Y/N), you'll be able to leave today", she said.

"That's great news, isn't it (Y/N)?" L, who was sitting crouched down next to me, held my hand.

I nod.

"Y-Yeah..."

-Later-

I was finally out of the hospital. Mr Yagami was driving L and I back to headquarters.
I wanted to say something to him about Light, but I realised it would be best if I stayed silent.

It was a silent journey back to the taskforce.

"Welcome back (Y/N)!" Matsuda greeted me with a warm smile.

I gave him a sad smile and bowed.

"You feeling okay now?" He asked.

I nod.

"Physically yes, emotionally...probably not", Aizawa stated.

"Huh?" Matsuda looked at Aizawa, then back at me. I was looking at the floor, trying to hold back tears.

"Oh...You'll be going back to (C) now that the case is over huh?"

I nod slowly.

"Don't worry (Y/N)! I'm sure we'll meet again soon", Matsuda said.

I look up at him and give him another small smile.

"I-I b-better go a-and p-pack", I whisper quietly, making my way upstairs. L had arranged a flight for me that left in about 3 hours.

"I feel very bad for her", Matsuda said.

"It can't be helped", Aizawa said.

"We will all meet with (Y/N) again. I'm sure of that", L said.

I began packing all my things into my suitcase.

This was it...I'm going home...

Once I had finished packing, I made my way down the stairs. L came up to me and helped me with my suitcase.

"I guess this is goodbye..." Matsuda said. I could tell he was sad. "B-But before you go, can we get a picture of all of us?" Matsuda held up his phone.

"Matsuda!" Aizawa shouted.

I giggle.

"S-Sure!" I say.

"Awesome! Everyone get in!" Matsuda held up his phone to take a picture. I was doing an awful smile, whilst L, Mr Yagami and Aizawa looked like they wanted to kill themselves.

"Perfect! I'll send that to you (Y/N)! Here's my E-mail!" Matsuda gave me his E-mail address and I gave him mine.

"I-I've gained a-another f-friend..." I say. "Th-Thank you".

"(Y/N), are you ready to go?" Watari came inside. He was going to take me to the airport.

"Y-Yeah. O-One sec".