Chapter 7

I turned on the TV to Sakura TV.

It was a live broadcast that was displaying some video tapes.

It was a message from Kira...!

'Light...Is this your doing...?' I thought.

No...This doesn't seem like something Light would do...Right?

I listened closely to the video.

I could hear ruffles in the background, like someone gathering pieces of paper...

The quality of this video looks like it was recorded on a really old cell phone...

Sloppy...

But L said that Light was smart...

I don't think this is Light's doing...

The letters on screen, displaying 'Kira', are in the same font L used when he called me for the first time through my laptop...

Whoever this is, they are not thinking straight, that's for sure.

"I am Kira!" The video stated.

"This is not a hoax! I can prove to you that I really am Kira! Because if this video is being broadcast at exactly 5:59pm today, then the time right now is 5:59 47...

48...

49...

Please change the channel to channel 4. The news presenter will die of a heart attack at exactly 6:00!"

"Huh?!" Everyone was startled.

"Change it!" L shouted.

I changed the channel to channel 4 as requested.

There was a man lying on the table...

It was obviously the news presenter...and they had obviously died of a heart attack...

"Oh my god!" Matsuda shouted.

I gasped.

"Change the channel back!" L shouted.

I switched it back to the Kira video.

"I think you all know now that I am Kira! I do not want to keep proving this to you by killing innocent people.
Now I am trying my hardest to make this world a better place for you all to enjoy-"

"This is ridiculous!" Aizawa stated.

'That news presenter was an innocent person! There was no reason for him to be killed by Kira!' I thought, scratching my cheek. 'But, the Kira we all know only kills criminals! So that must mean-'

"Stop this broadcast! We can't let them finish!" L shouted, making me jump and snap out of my thoughts.

Aizawa pulled out his cell phone while Matsuda rushed to the other phone in the room.

"It's no good! I'm not getting a response!" Aizawa said.

"No one's picking up at the reception either!" Matsuda shouted.
"What are we gonna do?!"

I hesitated then rushed to the door.

"Y-Yuki!" Matsuda called.

"I-If no one can st-stop this broadcast, th-then I'll do it m-myself!" I shout.

But as I was just about to open the door, I felt a hand on my shoulder, pulling me back.

"You can't go down there Yuki".

It was L.

"B-But-!"

"It's too dangerous! This is Kira! You could be killed!" L gave me a look that showed concern.