Him.

Michael.

Michael Anias Mell.

It sounded so right.

It was perfect.

It was him.

He ran his hands through his new haircut and checked his reflection in the mirror for what seemed to be the fiftieth time since his mother had brought him back from the barber shop. He sat in his basement, nervously playing around with one of his controllers.

"Michael! Narito si Jeremy!!" His brother called from upstairs

He froze in spot.

Jeremy. Oh dear God how was he going to tell Jeremy? He heard the lanky boy some down the stairs, saying some inaudible greeting to his mother, before running into the basement.

"Hey Iz!" Jeremy exclaimed flopping onto his usual blue beanbag and kicking off his shoes

He cringed at the name and weakly waved "He-Hey Jerm" He croaked

Jeremy immediately noticed something was off with his best friend. He just didn't know what is was just yet. "I uh-I like your haircut" He commented trying to make the silence less awkward

His friend sniffled "T-thanks. Yeah I uh-my Momma got it with me"

"That's so cool! So what are we playing today gamer gal? Pokémon? Mario bros-?" Jeremy started, his voice getting very quiet at the end of the sentence

His best friend was trembling and cradling himself in his bright red sweater, small tears brimmed his eyes. Jermey placed a hand on their shoulder, a concerned expression on his face

"Isabella-Izzy are you-"

"Michael" his best friend suddenly said, his lip trembling

"What-?"

"My-my name-it-it's Michael." He declared

He was close to sobbing now, tears flowing down his face, Michael sniffed and cuddled deeper into his sweater

"I-I'm not a girl Jeremy. I never have been. It just took me a while to realize it. I-I'm a boy." He looked away from the pale teenager who was seemingly frozen in place.

Oh God he hates me. I ruined everything, he's never going to want to be your friend again you fre-

Suddenly he was tackled with an embrace stronger than he'd felt in years. Jeremy wrapped his arms around Michael, hugging him with every piece of love he could muster. Michael laughed between tears and hugged back, crying into Jeremy's shoulder.

"I don't care who you are you-you'll always be my best friend" Jeremy whispered in his ear

Michale sniffled and hugged himself closer to Jeremy "Th-thank you" He sobbed out.

The two les go of each other, Jermey lifted Michael's glasses and wiped the tears off of his face. He smiled dorkly as he placed them back onto the Filipino's now beaming face.

"You-you're really going to be my friend?"

"Of course dude! You're my player One! Nothing's gonna change that!" Jermey exclaimed

Michale smirked "Thank you" he buried his face into Jeremy's arms "Thank you so much"

Jeremy laughed and hugged his friend, happy tears in his eyes as well when suddenly a question dawned on him "So wait, you like-like girls now?"

Michael pulled himself out of Jeremy's arms and shook his head "Nah-still guys. Guess that makes me-gay?"

To his relief Jeremy smiled "Cool! So-like can I call you Micha? And Mikey? And when are you getting your name changed? Also-"

The rest of the afternoon both boys spent it researching the procedure for Michael's transition, with Jeremy asking questions non-stop the entire way and keeping Michael laughing. Too soon the acne-covered teen had to leave the Mell residence, but he promise he'd be there tomorrow.

——————————————————————The next morning~

"Michael magmadali at makuha ang pinto! Marami akong ginagawa!"  Mrs. Mell shouted from the kitchen

Michael groggily set his phone down on the living room table and got up to get the door, someone was frantically knocking to get in.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" Michael hollered and from behind the door the knocking stopped, followed by a sigh of relief.

Michael opened the door and his eyes widened before bursting out laughing at the sight before him. Jeremy was nervously standing on the front porch in full pijamas, with trembling hands he held a small white box in his hands.

"He-here! I got you these-these yesterday!" Jeremy explained handing the small box to Michael "It's not much I know but it's something"

Michale smiled and took the box from Jeremy "Uh-thanks man? You didn't have to get me anything. Wanna come in?" He asked opening the door wider

Jeremy shook his head "I'm not supposed to be here, I ran barefoot before my Mom could wake up" he explained "So I gotta go before she finds out I left, see you Monday Michael!!"

The boy then jumped off the porch and bolted down the sidewalk, shrieking in pain at the heat of the cement of his bare feet. Michael was frozen in place, a smile that could've lit up the entire neighbourhood was on his face. Quickly he opened the box and gasped, nearly starting to cry again.

Inside were two iron on patches, one was a rainbow flag and the other was a shield the colours of the trans flag. He laughed and ran back into his house, slamming the door behind him.

——————More of Jerm being a good young boyf———————————

"Jeremy I swear if you bought me another AOTD shirt-" Michael said as Jeremy handed him a hand wrapped birthday present

Jeremy groaned and punched his shoulder, "Just open it Michael"

It had been almost over a month since Michael had come out. And today was his thirteenth birthday. Of course he'd invited people over but no one showed up except for Jeremy. Michael's parents had taken both boys to the arcade and they'd spent he entire afternoon playing video games, eating pizza and they'd eaten the entire cake just by the two of them.

The Filipino laughed and tore open the present. Suddenly he felt his heartbeat stop. His eyes widened to the size of frying pans and with trembling hands he lifted up the gift, letting the wrapping paper fall to the ground.

"A weed binder?!" Michael exclaimed, tears welling up in his eyes. He stared in shock at Jeremy and let out a strained laugh "Seriously?!"

Jeremy laughed "Yeah dude!! It took FOREVER to get that design on it! Do you like it?!"

Michael laughed as tears spilt down his cheeks "Like it?! Jeremy-I-I love it!" He exclaimed wiping his face

"Augh! Look what you did?! You've got me crying now!"

"I'm-I'm Sorry?!" Jeremy apologized quickly before Michael laughed

"Just-! Give me a hug you beanpole!" He exclaimed and Jeremy engulfed him in a huge embrace.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Based on the weed binder chronicles by HoodieToons on Tumblr! Go check out his art! Keep it Classy!~🌼Goldi🌼