The Wicked Witches of the West

🌼Thank you for the request @Hellokitty311009 !!!🌼

Glinda had seen fear in Elphaba's vibrant purple exactly four times. The first time was ages ago, but it felt like so much less.

They were both in college, Dear Old Shiz, where nothing really mattered as their days danced by. On this specific night everyone had gone to the Oz Doz ballroom, Elphaba had been invited as part of a cruel joke but both witches-in-training had danced the night away. They'd returned to their dorms after many hours of laughing, eating, talking with friends and in Glinda'a case, drinking.

The tipsy blonde had just finished parading all over the room, collecting various glittery pink clothing items to dress her roommate in. She giggled as she flopped onto the bed, Elphaba cautiously staring at her.

"Now! To talk to people you have to act like...not you!" She exclaimed, sitting up straight and laughing

"You have to be more...bubbly! Excited, like pretend you care even if you don't-like this"

Glinda laughed and tossed her hair, adding a cute little snort at the end of her laugh and a "No you're the best!". Elphaba stared at the blonde as if she'd just grown three heads.

"Yeah-no-"

"Just try it Elphie! Come on" Begged Glinda

The green girl groaned and rolled her eyes, sitting up straight and showing off her pointy cheekbones. She smiled painfully, revealing her slightly crooked teeth. She proceeded to laugh like a maniacal genius, snorting every few seconds to try and catch her breath. Glinda stared in horror, she'd never seen anyone fail at such a simple seduction move. And yet she somehow felt drawn to Elphaba, something in the back of her giddy mind wanted to get closer to the odd girl.

"I failed miserably didn't I?" Elphaba asked, looking at Glinda with a stoic expression

The blonde smiled wearily and giggled "Of course not Elphie! You just need a little glamming up-and I have the perfect accessory!"

Glinda beamed as she took out a glittery fake flower from her hair, smiling as she reached over to pin it to Elphaba's hair. She pushed back some of the black-green oily hair and pinned it in place with the flower. The light skinned girl noticed a small taint of pink on the green girl's skin.

Her blue eyes widened and she stared at the green girl in awe. The pink flower just seemed to light Elphaba up, it just suited her perfectly.

"Why Ms.Elphaba! Look at you" Glinda said in a hushed voice, getting her gold hand mirror and putting it in-front of the taller girl.

"You're beautiful" she whispered.

And that's the first time Glinda saw pure fear flash in the eyes of Elphaba. Her purple pupils gone small as she received the compliment. The tips of her ears turned a bright pink and she shot up from bed abruptly.

"I-I have to go" she murmured, not giving Glinda a chance to speak before she ran out of the room

"You're welcome" Glinda whispered looking at her own reflection and smiling at how pretty she was before giggling

"And though you protest, with disinterest I know from destiny-" she sang to no one in particular suddenly getting up determinedly.

"You're gonna grin and bare it! Your new found popularity! Ha!"

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

The second time was later, their senior at Dear Old Shiz. They were on a trip to the Emerald City on claims that Elphaba was going to see the Wizard. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz himself, and Glinda tagged along after Fiyero dumped her at the train station. The green girl had immediately offered for them both to go, so she squealed and laughed as the day went by. It was a day filled with emerald wonders and magic.