Oh fuck it's them again.

According to the rest of the school Evan didn't like boys. 

According to the rest of the school Evan liked football and motorcycles. Evan liked greaser jackets and bad-ass tattoos. Evan didn't like panic attacks and kool-aid. Evan didn't care about his grades or about what other people thought. 

According to the rest of the school Connor was gayer than a goddamn rainbow. 
They weren't necessarily wrong but never the less. 

The rest of the school didn't really like Connor cause according to rest of the school Connor was just some weird kid who dyed his shoulder length hair pastel colours and wore star stickers on his face. Connor commissioned the school to let the cheerleaders get pastel varsity jackets cause he was one of the only guys in cheer. Connor didn't care about what everyone else thought and he just lived like to the fullest. 

And of course according to the school, neither boy like the other. 

Like any other day after school Evan stayed at watched the cheerleaders practice on the football field. He hadn't been able to play since summer when he'd broken his arm. The cheerleaders were something special, with pyramids and arias acrobats unlike any other school. Their cheerleaders could lift their legs up so high you could see their consciences.

"Alright ladies! Great work out there!" Shouted the team captain as the team practically collapsed from exhaustion

"Practice is over! Take a break to regain yourselves and let's watch some football!"

The team captain was the one and only Connor Heere-Mell. Girls groaned as they walked over to the benches to take their water break, gossip and possibly check out the football players. The blonde saw the pastel boy from afar, his usual shoulder length hair in a messy bun, as he wiped his forehead from sweat with a towel. Despite being the only guy in cheer Connor still wore the skirt and crop top uniform that cheerleaders were required to wear, exposing his unhealthily pale skin and his rib cage practically sticking out.

Evan might've been staring for longer than he planned for the thing that snapped him back into reality was his name being called.

"Hey! Evan right?"

The pastel boy was talking to him. Connor was talking to him.

"Um-uh-y-yeah" Smooth Evan. Real Smooth.

Connor laughed and sat down at the bleachers, patting the space next to him. "We'll come on! You're here to see the football team right? Don't you play or something?" He asked a million miles per hour

Evan awkwardly made his way towards the teenager. Connor was nearly a head taller than him.

"Ye-yeah I d-do-did-but I broke my arm and um-well yeah I can't play." He was able to say

Connor looked down at his broken right arm "No one's signed your cast"

"Tha-thanks captain mcfucking obvious. Correction, no one has signed my cast YET. I was gonna get the-the entire team to sign it"

That was a lie. Evan knew none of his teammates actually cared about his injury, or him, they just cared that there was an empty spot for linebacker on the team. Connor smirked

"I know I'm not some fit, rugged, overrated football star but could I sign your cast?" The taller boy asked, tucking some of his hair behind his pierced ear. He wore star and heart earrings.

Evan felt himself involuntarily blush. A sweet, good looking guy wanted to sign HIS CAST. He shrugged it off "Sure, uh-I don't have a sharpie tho-"

In a flash right before his eyes Connor whipped out a bright pink pencil case with a bunny on it. After searching through it for a few seconds he pulled out the brightest pack of neon sharpies Evan had ever seen in his life. He took the cap off of a blue one with his mouth and in swoopy handwriting that no human being should be able to have wrote out CONNOR. And of course he had to end it with a heart in pink.