Apocalypse of the Damned!

🌼⚠️ Hello my Beauties!! This chapter will contain some violence as well as mentions of death, graphic descriptions of blood and people dying of a virus. This is triggering to many readers so stay safe⚠️🌼

Of all the things Michael thought would take down the world he swore zombie apocalypses were lower on the list.

Seriously he could've accepted global disasters, World War 3, ozone layer disappearing, heck aliens from Mars seemed more likely than a goddamn zombie apocalypse caused by some stupid virus.

And yet here he was, wiping his sweat covered brow as stood as lookout. His usual patch hoodie was covered in blood stains, his sleeves rolled up to his elbows, his dark pants covered in mud and grime. His heelys were bloodied and his glasses sat crooked on his face, his hair in desperate need for a wash. He balanced a baseball bat covered with nails on his shoulder as he tried to remember a time before the plague.

A time before he had invited Jeremy to sleep over only to find his entire family gone and the neighborhood turned into a wasteland. At first it was just a few casualties, nothing was out of the ordinary till the dead ones had started rising up. Zombies roamed the streets now, human life was scarce.

There was a ding behind him which signalized the 7-11 door opening. He whirled around in panic, breathing heavily, aiming the bat to whoever just walked out.

"Someone's paranoid!" Exclaimed Chloe, letting out a small chuckle as she pushed down the bat with her broken nail.

Since the apocalypse started Chloe's hair had been chopped off due to a chainsaw incident, her designer clothes may be bloodied and her makeup smeared but that didn't stop her from rocking her hoop earrings. She had two pistols around her waist, she held a jumbo slushee cup in her hand.

"Rich was able to start up one of the machines, so we've got all the slushees we want" she said, with only a bit of enthusiasm in her voice

"Drink up you look like shit"

"Well sorry Princess not everyone remembered to pack their apocalypse makeup" He retorted, taking the drink

"I'm running on half an hour of sleep Mell do you really think it's a good idea to mess with me?"

Michael snorted and took a sip of the cherry drink, the overly sugary taste just as he'd remembered it. The SQUIP SQUAD had miraculously been able to stay alive longer than many others. Rich's house had essentially been turned into their own safe spot. For the most part they were all safe and accounted for, for the most part.

"Ya think this is ever gonna clear up?" Michael asked as they walked into the 7-11, hearing the signal for them to come inside

Chloe shrugged "You gotta die sometime. If we all turn into zombies then hey, at least I'll be with her."

Brooke had been the first to get infected, dying soon after the apocalypse started. Now the brunette wore a chain around her neck, holding a locket with her dead lovers picture in it. She didn't talk about it much, but Michael had woken up to her sobbing violently as she stayed guard during the night.

"Everything clear out there Micha?" Christine asked as they stepped in, she was eating a bar of chocolate as Jake wrapped gauze around her bleeding leg

She'd gotten caught in barbed wire during a zombie wave, with Jenna having to pull her out. Despite being able to literally see her bone Christine someone kept walking for two weeks before collapsing on the couch. They all knew she'd have to be amputated, but no one was going to admit it.

"About as clear as a dust storm" Michael responded, making Chloe roll her eyes and begin to paruse the store in search for more medical supplies

Christine chuckled and winced as Jake wrapped her leg tighter "Well at least we're still here"