Bun in the oven

"Micha I'm home!!" Jeremy shouted, banging the door to their house shut

The house had been a wedding gift, it was run down and probably still had a raccoon living in the garage but it was home. Michael and Jeremy had gotten it renovated, but the raccoon (now named Stanley) probably still lived in the garage. There was the sound of loud cursing and shuffling around, before his husband peeked his head from the kitchen. Michael beamed as Jeremy walked in, setting down his computer bag on the kitchen table

"Hey Jerebear! Work a bitch as always?" The shorter man asked, walking over as Jeremy took a seat

"You have no idea, how does someone even get a lightbulb up their ass?!" Jeremy exclaimed, kissing Michael's forehead and making him giggle before something dawned on him

"You're-cooking?"

While the couple did cook most of their own meals it was usually a team effort. Most nights Christine and Jenna would drive down from their apartment in New York to bring them Macaroni Casserole. And incase they ended up burning whatever they were cooking their pantry was stocked with baked goods that Jake had cooked up when stressed.

Another thing he noticed, Michael was wearing his red hoodie. Usually when either of them cooked they were shirtless with video-game shorts and knee high socks (Jeremy had bi pride ones while Michael had weed ones to go with his weed binder). Michael only used his red hoodie for special occasions like cuddle sessions.

Ignoring all these facts Michael simply shrugged "Yeah, got off work early and decided to make something for ya"

"Uh-thanks? Michael what exactly are you-"

Suddenly the air was filled with puffs smoke. Jeremy yelped and dashed over to the oven, grabbing a cleaning rag and opening the oven. Michael followed and coughed, waving his hand in front of his face to clear up the cloud. The lanky man pulled out a burnt hamburger bun, it was charcoal black.

Michael shrieked and began to laugh uncontrollably as Jeremy rushed to throw out both the bun and the pan it was in.

"Oh my GOD I hope that's not how the real thing goes-"

"Michelangelo Anias Heere-Mell what the fuck?" Jeremy asked, washing his hands which now felt burnt

"Jesús Christ almighty what were you making?!"

Michael continued to laugh uncontrollably, this time at the verge of tears. He snorted before regaining himself enough to speak "Bu-Bun"

Jeremy narrowed his eyes, "A hamburger bun? You were trying to make a hamburger bun when we can buy them at the store?!"

"Um-kinda? I doubt you can buy this kind of bun in a store. Unless it was like a sperm store or something."

"Michael you might've burnt down the house! What the fuck do you mean a sperm-!" Jeremy shouted before the realization hit him like a ton of bricks.

Bun.

There was a burnt hamburger bun in the oven.

Jeremy's eyes widened, his hands trembled and with a quivering mouth he looked down at his husband. Michael looked like he was about to burst with happiness, he awkwardly held his hands and smiled nervously.

"You're-" Jeremy started, kneeling down slightly "O-Oh my God-!"

Michael laughed and grabbed his pale hand and put them on the small, almost unnoticeable bump on his stomach. Jeremy laughed, tears of happiness going down his cheeks, putting both hands on his stomach. He was quiet for a few seconds before kissing Michael fiercely.