They're enough

🌼Thank you for the request @Meilin82!🌼 

Jake Dillinger used to have his life under control.

Correction.

Jake Dillinger HAD his life under control.

Then why THE FUCK was Middle Borough's head jock sitting on his bed crying his eyes out? After all Jake Dillinger didn't have any problems. Jake Dillinger COULDN'T have any problems.

"Hey Arson Bro!" shouted a familiar voice, the front door of his cousin's house slamming shut "I have the most adorable thing to show you and I couldn't just-"

A loud barking followed by laughter and "Po! Get off!"

Fuck. Jake loved his boyfriend, but now he wasn't exactly in the mood for a surprise visit. How had the short boy gotten in anyways? And why were their nicknames such blatant reminders of a tragedy that changed both their lives and the lives of their friends?

"Hey Richy" Jake greeted, putting on one of his usual dashing smiles and praying his eyes weren't as bloodshot as he hoped

After the fire Jenna's family had volunteered to take in Jake till he found his own apartment. Jenna and Jake were cousins so it was nothing out of the ordinary, just a little crowded in the house. His friends had taken to making the guest room he was staying in look like Pinterest swallowed it whole. From Broadway posters to fairy lights with Polaroid pictures of his family and friends. The SQUIP SQUAD had done their best to try and rebuild his life after the fire.

"Shit!" He shrieked, feeling his legs give out as he tried to walk to the door.

Another perk of trying to be heroic and save his then best friend from a two story burning building, legs that decided to shut off. He'd been going to therapy so he had limited movement and could walk around. That day wasn't today however.

He groaned and did his best to roll around the floor till he was able to reach for his emergency crutches.

"Oh My God your dog just tried to attack me and Cottontail." Rich laughed from the living room floor as Jake came down the stairs

Po the Chow Chow was panting and standing on top of Rich, who protectively held onto a small white bunny. Jake couldn't help but laugh, his boyfriend got himself into the weirdest situations. He made his way towards Rich with his crutches and was able to lure Po off of the blonde with dog food.

"Hey Babbu" Jake greeted Cottontail, gently petting his soft white fur, and taking a seat down next to Rich on the living room floor.

"You said you wanted to show me something-?"

"Oh yeah! I just taught Cotton a new trick and they look like, criminally adorable!" Rich squealed, pulling out a small pink ribbon from his back pocket.

As he did Jake could see the ever present burn scars. They were probably going to stay there till the end of time. The scars went down the left side of his face and down Rich's arms. Rich's muscular arms were both covered in burn marks and Jake knew all to well his chest and legs were covered in them as well. To top it off, light green electrocution scars traced down Rich's back and arms.

Jake's mind swirled as he got lost staring at the burns. They were like forever burning flames dancing dancing on his boyfriend's body. Scars he'd gotten trying to follow his heart and get rid of the evil parasite controlling him. Scars that would've never happened if Jake had just been a good friend.

"Earth to JakeyD!" Rich Shouted, snapping his fingers in-front of Jake's face and making him jump back

Rich laughed and picked up Cottontail, placing the bunny his lap and began to pet them. Jake sighed and pet the bunny as well, it's pink nose softly sniffling the dark skinned boy's hand.