Part nine

Ivy sat opposite principal weatherbee in his office , her leg bouncing up and down. "Do you think fighting is acceptable in my school Miss Jones?" He asked the angry looking girl . " no mr weatherbee" she replied she knew what she had to say she couldnt be bothered to sit and argue with the principal especially as it could end with her being expelled. " well why did you let a fight break out with Reggie because Fighting is not acceptable in my school you hear me young lady" he said raising his voice lightly. "Yes i understand" she said looking down at her scuffed trainers . "I am sorry for the fight that i started" she wasnt sorry at all but if it meant getting her out of some trouble she was willing to say it. "Miss Jones considering you havent been here long and i understand it can be difficult transitioning from an old school i am willing to let you off with a warning today but if you step out of line again i will have to ring you guardian which is Mr Jones i believe" "I wont step out of line again Mr weatherbee" she knew she most likely will step out of line again but he didnt need to know that. " okay your dismissed" i left the office then the school i couldnt stay there any longer , so i headed to my typical location which was sweetwater river.
Sweetpea sat in English trying to think what made him so protective over Ivy , he couldnt work it out or maybe he just didnt want to. The ash from her cigarette fell to the floor below her , she heard footsteps behind her she turnt to see FP walking towards to bank of the river where Ivy was currently. He sat down next to her. They looked at each other.
"How did you know i was here?"
"Jughead told me youd either be here or Pops"
"What else did he say?"
"He told me Ivy"
" fuck sake" she muttered.
"Ivy listen to me , i know you too damn well i know you have a short tempur and your a stubborn kid but i know you wouldnt have done that for no reason so tell me why"
"I knew i was gonna snap i tried to stop myself"
"Its alright we all snap sometimes kiddo i mean come on you know me and what me and jug are like " she looked up at Fp someone who had been more of a father to here then her own ever has.
" i tried to ring mom" she said before looking back down at her shoes. He nodded at her to carry on.
"She ignored all my calls FP " FP was the only one who actually knew what was going on between the two.
"Its going to take her some time darlin"
"Take her time , so far its taken years . Why is it my fault ?"
"Darlin it was never your fault ever " he wrapped his arm over his niece and kissed her head.
"Come on there is a present waiting for you at home" he began to get up and dust his work uniform off , she followed him. They got to the trailer.
"Its on your bed" she walked into her room. A new book laid ontop of the duvet that she didnt make in the morning. She picked it up and flicked through the first couple of pages before running out to FP to thank him . The joy on her face from such a simple gift brought a smile to his.