Part twenty

School had finished , what Sweetpea said earlier in the common room was still playing on her mind. She swung the trailer door open to reveal Jughead sitting down with Fp .
"Youre back!" She said excited but then tried to cover up the excitment. She scratched the back of neck awkwardly.
"Of course Kiddo" he sais beggining to stand up.
"Im suprised the trailer is still in one piece" he said as he looked into the fridge before retrieving a soda from one of the shelves.
"Hey i held down the fort pretty well" Jughead said, Ivy just scoffed in response knowing that he had bearly spent any time in the trailer. Fp gave him a questionable look before taking another mouthful of his soda.
"im going to shower quick and then maybe we could go get some pops"
"I was meant to be going to Archies but you know i cant turn down a burger" she smiled before going to the bathroom . She showered and got changed into her robe she shut the door behind her as she left. She went towards her bedroom so shs could finish getting ready before Fp called her.
"Ivy , here now" he sounded serious. She slowly walked towards him unsure of what this could be about.
"Who?"
"What?" She said confused.
"Who is it from?"
"Who is what from?"
"Stop playing dumb" he said even though she was genuinely confused.
"Im not playing dumb , what are you even on about?"
"That damn hickey on your neck Ivy" she had forgotten about it well until this moment.
"Why does it matter?"
"I havent been gone long and youve been getting up to funny buisness in this trailer thats whats wrong Ivy" Jughead walked out of his room and got inbetween the two .
"Dad calm down"
"Jug how did you not notice , you done a great job at maintaing the fort but you didnt do a good job of mantaining Ivy" he snapped. Jughead looked st his father then looked at me.
"Maintaining me ? Really? Wow" she said before grabbing her Jacket from the chair.
"Dont you dare think about leaving right now missy"
"Oh go fuck youself" she said before leaving the trailer and driving towards pops . She couldmt understand why he had freaked out so much over a hickey. God if he knew about the stuff she was getting up to back home she wasnt sure what he would do. Her car pulled into pops car park she slammed the door shut causing a few heads to turn. She found herself a booth towards the end , she ordered a milkshake and opened her book. But she ended up losing track of the words printed on the paper in front of her , something she had never done before. Her eyes wandered to the window looking outside it was fairly quiet a few odd cars and the bell would occasionaly chime but apart from that it was quiet. She took small sips of her milkshake occasionaly stiring it using the straw. The bell sounded but her eyes didnt move from the window. She felt a figure fall into the booth opposite her . She only then took her eyes off the window to see Jughead.
"Hey " he said before ordering some fries . His finger took a clean swipe of cream from the top of her milkshake that he soon licked off.
"Hey, is he mad ?"she said playing with the straw.
"Well more mad that you told him to go fuck himself before leaving"
"I couldnt help it , he overeacted its only a hickey not the end of the fucking world"
"He did overeact a bit i do agree with you on that one but i think i know why"
"Why?"
"Because it scared him " she furrowed her eyebrows at him
"Well hes your father hes seen you grow up maybe it just scared him how quick its all gone especially since he didnt get the chance to be a proper father to you for a long time"
"I dread to think what he would do if he knew about what i was like back home " she chucked slightly.
"I dont need to know this" he surrended his arms. She laughed.
"Ivy who was it from ? , it wasnt someone like Chuck or Reggie was it ?" He sighed.
"God no you think my standards are that low , Jug im offended " she sarcastically held her heart.
"Come on just tell me who it is " he whined
"No Jug" she said before standing up taking her book in her hand.
"Come on" he begged as he follwed behind her.
"Stop nagging and hurry up" she said looking over her shoulder to see Jughead quickening his pace to keep up with her. They arrived at the trailer it was very quiet , so Jughead looked into Fps room to see him asleep. So the two decided to do the same. She pulled the covers over her small frame.