Part twentytwo

She was utterly drained , she didnt sleep at all last night. You could tell by the dark circles under her bloodshot eyes. Before she left the trailer Fp stopped her.
"Your mom called me this morning" as soon he said mom she rolled her eyes. "She's coming to riverdale tonight and staying for the weekend"
"Why" she asked
"She wants to see you Ivy"
"Well theres no point because i dont want to see her"
Fp didnt respond because he knew she really didnt want to see her and that she was still hurting . He didnt think it was a good idea either but her mom was stubborn , a trait that Ivy had also picked up. He did try to stop her mom from coming because he knew that she needed more time but his attempt was useless. She headed to school . She went into the common room to see the serpents in the corner , Sweetpea was shuffling playing cards he stopped as soon as he saw her walk in. She sat in the opposite corner away from everyone including the bulldogs , Betty and Kevin. She flicked open her book and began to read. She blocked the noise around her and carried on reading until Jug came up to her.
"Ivy"
"Im reading Jug if you couldnt tell " she snapped . His eyes widened before he turnt around and left her alone. The lessons before lunch went suprisingly fast . Lunch had arrived , instead of going to the cafeteria and facing Everyone she went to the common room and got snacks from the vending machine before heading to the blue and gold. She knew it would be empty as Jug would be busy in the cafeteria. Food has a priority over anything according to Jughead. Even if it was the schools awful cafeteria food. She sat herself at the desk tucking into her skittles , she really was dreading this weekend. After she finished the skittles she threw the packet in the bin she looked round the blue and gold , she looked in the folder on the desk containing next weeks stories she flicked through it reading some articles Jug had wrote. The bell soon sounded she placed the folder back on the desk and grabbed her stuff walking towards her art class. She flopped into her seat , Sweetpea had moved back to his original seat so he wasnt next to her. She felt his brown eyes watch her. She carried on with the canvas from the last class , she slid her earphones into her ears . It was no suprise her art teacher was her favourite teacher that taught in Riverdale high. She zoned into her painting , she had finished it by the end of the class. Everyone began to pack away , as she went to put the paints away Sweetpea stood up heading in the same direction. She put the paints back onto the shelf , Sweetpea stood next to her about to say something. Before he could she turnt around and walked out of the class. Crowds walked outside into the parking lot , she quickly walked to her car and hopped in . She drove home , she saw her mothers car parked outside of the trailer. She walked in the trailer to see her sitting next to Fp . Jug had gone out with Betty . So it was just them three in the trailer and you could cut the tension with a knife.
"Ivy i was thinking we could go grab some pops , Fp told me they have the best burgers" she smiled. Why was she pretending everything was okay between them. She shrugged but followed her out of the trailer , they got in seperate cars her mom following her car along the road. They arrived at pops and ordered their food. Pops gave them their food. She thanked him and looked around the diner . Of course it was busy it was friday evening , bulldogs , sepernts , vixens and anyone inbetween was there. Ivy tucked into her fries quietly.
"Ivy talk to me"
"Okay hows Mia?" She asked.
"She's good , she managed to come first im her gymnastics competition" Ivy just nodded , there was so much she could say right now.
"What are you actually doing her?" She asked her
"Well i came to see my daughter "
"Daughter , really you think you have the right to call me youre daughter . You blamed me for dad leaving but in reality it wasnt my fault at all was it . Thats why you didnt want to tell me that Fp was really my dad , beacuse you couldnt accept responsiblity . Im glad you sent me to Riverdale because i could actually be with my family . Im not sure you actually understand what family means because im still waiting for you to actually treat me like your daughter , something Fp has already proved that he can do . You always looked down at me always and dont even pretend you didnt . "
Her mother looked at her in shock.
"Im done with this" she said as she stood up. "Im done with you Jen" she had compleatly lost the title of being her mom. She got up and stormed through the crowds of teenagers , Sweetpea had seen the whole even take place from his seat in a booth where other serpents were sat. Sweetpea watched her from the window. She walked outside the diner , pools of tears filled her eyes. Reggie had followed her outside.
"Ivy " he called as he jogged down the steps to catch up with her.
"Now is not the time Reg" she said wiping the single tear that ran down her cheek. He ran infront of her . She stopped walking and looked up at him she came in contact with his chest as he wrapped his arms around her. He held her tighter as she began to sob.