Part eighteen

She sat at the dressing table applying her makeup , she attempted to cover the purple mark that existed on her neck . She used her hair to also cover it . She looked out the window to see Kevins truck so she walked outside and got into the truck.
"Ready to go" he asked
"Yeah lets go Kev"
Kevin drove them to the drive in and parked up . Kevin had brought blankets so we could sit with the blankets in the back of the truck. The two sat in the back wrapped in blankets .
"Ivy" he said shocked.
"Yes kev"
"Whos that from" he said pointing towards her neck , she smiled to herself before pulling her hair to try and cover it. She took a look around to see who was around.
"Okay Kev , no on actually knows about me and him so keep this quiet"
"Give me the juicy secrets"
"Hes a southsider"
"Different from your previous riverdale picks , is he a serpent?" She laughed this gave him the answer he needed.
"Which one ? "
"Sweetpea"
"Oh that tall hunk" he gasped. Ivy burst out in laughter.
"Whats so funny?" Betty asked coming up to the truck along with Jughead and Veronica.
"Oh Ivy told me a funny story thats all" Ivy looked at him and smiled. The other three climbed into the back of the trailer joing them.
"Jug " she smiled because he was holding popcorn.
"No get your own" he said ramming a handful of popcorn into his mouth. She slowly began to get up from the truck . Kevin was gently nudging her arm "go get something else while your over there " he said quietly noticing the serpents bikes pull up. She walked towards the refreshments stand passing all the bulldogs . A few called her name . One voice in particular Reggie. She ignored them and stood in line . She got her popcorn and a soda and left the line . She saw hand which she recognised by the rings grab some popcorn.
"Oh please just help yourself  " she said sarcastically . He smirked before throwing the popcorn up in the air and catching it in his mouth. He winked at the girl .
"Was that meant impress me , because it didnt" She questioned him.
"Trust me doll i have other things that will impress you " he said as he briefly swept his fingers over the mark he had left previously that day . She couldnt help but blush slightly , at this moment he looked at her taking in every feature . She was simply beautiful . She slightly turnt her head as she could feel eyes on her it was Kevin watching the interaction between the two from afar.
"I have to get back to the truck " she said .
"Ok doll " he said before taking another handful of popcorn and walking away from her. She walked back to the truck once again past the bulldogs , she felt one grab her arm gently. She turnt to see Reggie.
"do you wanna maybe join us to watch the film"
"Probably not the best idea is it Mantle " she said noticing Sweetpea and Fangs eyeing the interaction between the two.
"I suppose not especially if it means another black eye , youve got a good right hook Jones " he laughed , she couldnt help but Laugh with him.
"Lets just hope you dont have to experience it again " she smiled
"Hopefully not " he said , she went to leave .
"Ivy wait" she waited for him to talk.
"Well i just wanted to say im sorry about that night and that day in school i shouldnt have acted like that " Ivy stood in shock.
"Was that an apology that came from Reggie mantles mouth"
"Yeah dont get used to it Jones got a reputation to keep" he smiled. She smiled back at him before offering him some popcorn which he gladly accepted. Sweetpea watched the two , as she laughed his jaw tensed slightly. Finally she found herself back into the truck everyone was watching the movie but Kevin was just grinning at her. Betty took a break from the film and turnt to Ivy.
"I think after this we are joining the bulldogs for Pops you coming" she asked .
"Im pretty tired so i will probably just go home "
"Okay Jug you coming"
"I mean it would be rude of me to refuse a burger from pops wouldnt it " he placed his hand on his chest .Veronica began to gossip to Betty about how hot Archie looked as she saw him sitting with the rest of the bulldogs . Ivy leaned her head onto Kevins shoulder.
"Did you think i wouldnt notice you staring , you should have packed yourself some binoculars " she whispered .
"Well no suprise , that serpent is Hot . Hot with a capital H" he whispered. They sat through the rest of the movie . Kevin offered to drop Ivy home then he would join the others at Pops . He parked up at the trailer.
"Thanks Kev , i had a good time tonight" she said.
"Me to , Ivy" she shut the truck door before walking into her trailer. She got herself ready for bed and collapsed into it. She laid her phone face down on the bedside. She laid awake staring at the ceiling slowly begining to drift off before a noise made her eyes open , she heard rustling outside maybe it was just Jug coming home from Pops. The rustling grew louder before there was a knock on her window. It made her jump slightly. She slowly walked over to the window and debated whether to open the curtains , another knock sounded. She quickly opened the curtains to reveal Sweetpea on the outside. She sighed with relief , before pulling the window up he crawled in.
"First of all why didnt you just text me , i thought you was some creep at my window secondly why didnt you use the front door"
"Thought i would take a different route" she sighed before getting back into bed. He stood at the foot of the bed. She pulled the covers back .
"You getting in or what?" He walked over to the bed before stripping down to his boxers and climbing in next to her . He put an arm over her waist her back pressed against his bare chest. She felt his breath against the back of her neck making goosebumps appear on her skin.
"Night " she managed to mumble .
"Night Ivy"