Chapter 28: Strays

Hi, lovelies what's been popping? Hope everything's going great.

Read if you...Dare

______
His expression was nevertheless tense. As if he found out something bad. Then I remembered.

The call.
_______

"You're leaving sweetheart." I blinked my eyes as James said that.

"I a-am?" I asked. I don't know how long it has been. I didn't wanna know anymore. I got most of my strength back thankfully. While also dignity lost. The male nurse named Zayn was fucking me up.

Mentally.

Every hour he'd be there. They needed to give me another needle he did it. They needed me to do tests he somehow showed up. Blood work. Physical anything you can fucking imagine Zayn was there. Probably so I wouldn't escape. Still, it felt worse than Blake.

He was harassing me and I was losing my shit. Slowly but surely. Blake kept a good eye on me but not good enough.

As for my 'great' friend.

Danny never came back. I was afraid to ask Blake what happened. I was afraid to talk to Blake period.

Hoping he didn't kill him. Hoping no one killed him. Blake was with me almost the whole time so I guess he couldn't have.

But sigh I wish he could've gotten me out of here. I would've told him I was dealing with that son of a bitch nurse.

I was gonna tell Blake about Zayn. I had to for my sanity. At the same time, I wanted to use him to my advantage.

The next time I saw him I was gonna blackmail him.

Tell him that I was gonna tell Blake he tried touching me and groping me.

But now with the news, I was hearing of leaving my plans plummeted.

I stared at happy James. His eyes crinkled like always with a dimple popping form. I looked down sadly.

Looking at my bitten nails. God, I look awful.

I looked back and saw James look the same expression.

I bit my lip. He bit his. I frowned. He frowned. I bit the inside of my cheek scowling.

"What are you doing?" I asked. Crazy. He put his smile on again. Going to his greying hair taking it out of the strange man bun it was in.

The front all grey, but the back blacker than midnight.

My mother had the same problem.

I sighed. My mom. God, I want my mother. My chest started hurting at the thought.

"Doing what you do sugar."

James had tried fixing it having a lot of strays fall everywhere. Idiot.

Reminded me of the time my mom always asked me to help with her hair.

"What do you want me to do?" She frowned hand on her hip. Twirling her grey strays. I shook my head.

I was texting people on my phone. Not even looking at her now.

"Just help your mother out. You'll miss me when I'm gone." I rolled my eyes. Looking at the woman.

I bit back the tears for the haunting memory. I couldn't stand the strays. It was irritating to me.

Making me feel guilty.

"Let me do it," I said unexpectedly. Hoping my guilt would diminish. James smiled as he was shocked.

"Thank you Judy baby." He said. I swung my feet on the hospital bed as he turned his body so I could reach for his hair.