Chapter 41: Company

Finally an update. Like holy crap I meant to update this on Valentine's Day cause I was bored yet I got caught up with work and everything else sighhhh. Well here it is. It's so long gosh.

Past chapter.

Read if you dare.
_____
I had a smile that didn't reach my eyes.

I was debating on what to do next. Staring at the Black Orchid perfume in my hands.
_____

"Smile you're too pretty to be frowning." I rolled my eyes at Forest.

"You're back again?" I asked. As I walked down the street from the convenient store. Frozen or hands in my jean pockets. This was my third time seeing him this week. Plus it was New Year's Eve today.

"Always here." I raised a brow.

"Don't say that," I said. Maybe I was trying to give him time to go away but he wasn't taking that opportunity. He stopped talking just admiring with his blue eyes.

"I paid him this time," I said wanting to see a reaction from him. His blue eyes striking like laser beams once I said that.

"No, you didn't." He exclaimed confidently however a hint of insecurity sounded through. I scrunched my eyes feeling a yawn.

"I did." I lied.

I didn't pay for the stupid bag of chips. I begged the guy please take my money to let that guy leave me alone. I tried bribing him to somehow make Forest stop—

"You're lying." He said. I stared him down. Scrunching my dull brown eyes blinking.

"Yeah, I am," I barely uttered continuing my little walk. I moved my hair slightly so it was behind my ear. I looked over to see he huffed.

"How'd you know?" I asked.

"You have a tell." He says.

"What is it?"

"You rub your hands fidgeting. Your shoulders slouch. You start lightly shaking."

"You're very observant. Like me." I said.

"How are you observant?" He asked laughing. I heard it under that stupid outfit.

"You like being hidden. You always tense when I say something you don't like. I see it in the crinkles in your eyes." He laughed. I scrunched my eyes smiling.

"It's true you know," I said. He nodded.

"You have pretty eyes, Forest," I said trying to change the subject. Trying to act normal. Yet normalcy was nothing in this complex scenario.

"You have nice hair." He stated to me.

"Thanks," I said. Touching my hair. I dug through my pocket trying to find a hair band.

"You're welcome." Bingo found it. I tied my hair into a low pony tail. Immediately walking past this pastry bakery. It was such a lovely scent.

Then it hit me.

"Say how'd you get that perfume in my bag?" I asked. He tensed.

'How'd he get the money?'

"When did you buy it? How'd you know I liked it?" I asked again. He didn't say anything.

"It was hard explaining to this guy how—"

"Explaining? Who found it?" He asked all of a sudden. I scrunched my eyes walking down the sidewalk.

"This guy that I like. I needed him to get something for me and he found it." I said.

"I didn't put perfume in your bag. He did." I laughed when Forest said that.