Chapter 29: Blushes

I feel like doing a past chapter for Thomas point of view. I don't know yet. But here ya go twenty-nine. Past Chapter.

Read if you dare.

______
Before he ran through the doors.

I bit the inside of my cheek.
______

The bell of the store rang on this freezing cold day and all I wanted was something warm.

Then I saw it.

Hot chocolate. The register guy gave me a grimace.

"How much is the hot chocolate?" I asked. He chuckled.

"Darling he will kill me if you ask how much anything is again." He said tensely but smiling.

"Is he paying you at least?" I asked. He nodded. I gave a half a smile. More a grimace like what the hell?

"But why?" I asked leaning against the counter. The older man just sighed shrugging. I sighed as well. Giving him the same look.

"You're special." He winked. I smiled. Aw thanks.

"That's what he says." He said to me. I bit the inside of my cheek. Probably blushing.

"Tell him I said thank you. But I really can't take his money." I said. The guy soon got tense.

"I will tell him you said thanks. But the money. I can not say to him." He said raising his hands. I furried my eyebrows.

"But you must," I said smiling. Please tell him. I will get in trouble if any of my parents find out I've been just taking from a convenient store and not giving them cash.

"No, you must darling." He said. The ring of the bell interrupted us. As a man came in a hood over his head. I smiled.

"Speak of the devil!" I exclaimed. But once the guy raised his head it wasn't him. I slouched back seeing an average looking guy. Brown eyes littering his features.

Hm.

"Sorry, not you," I whispered biting my lip. I sighed looking at the register guy.

"You think he'll come today?" I asked shuffling around. The guy shrugged again. Rubbing his gloves together.

"I thought he'd be here before you came." He stated. Oh well. I walked to where there was warm coffee and hot chocolate. Pouring the hot chocolate into a cup. Grabbing a top. Swirling it around. Going back to the register guy.

"Thank you. Tell him I said thank you as well." He nodded giving me a toothy smile.

"Have a good day now, Darling. Stay warm." He acknowledged as I walked into the frigid air.

"Thank you." I walked down turning the same corner I always do to leave. I scrunched my eyes. Seeing all the darken brittle leaves on the ground with a bright red thing.

I spotted a red with a green stem on the ground.

A rose.

I immediately smiled yet worrisome at the fact it was out of nowhere. Gosh. My heart was beating fast.

"Thanks." I hummed to the rose. Taking it with me on my journey home.

***

I don't know why I was thinking about the mysterious guy. I just was. Why is he doing this?

'It's not that big of a deal don't worry about it'

Alright fine. My mind still thought of those piercing blue eyes. Who is that? But when Thomas texted me out of nowhere it all kinda faded.