14 ~ your own fault

Not the best chapter I wrote.. better quality next time. I'm still posting it because I can't make anything better out of this xD besides it continues the story so I hope that's okay x

-

You made your way upstairs. It was late and you wanted to get some sleep. The mattress here was pretty comfortable, the attic was dark, so you slept really well.

You walked up the stairs and saw Harry and Ginny talking. You had to walk past them to reach the stairs.

'Sorry for the interruption.' You spoke while passing through them.

'That's okay. Are you going to bed?' Harry asked you.

You turned to him.

'Yes. I'm exhausted.' You grinned. 'I'll see you two tomorrow.'

You quickly walked upstairs, not willing to keep them waiting any longer. You stepped into the attic and looked around for a moment. You made your way to the mattress and sat down. When you were about to take your t shirt off, you saw something outside the window.

You ran over to it, and saw a circle off fire all around the burrow. You were shocked. You just looked at it. What happened? Who did this? You could already smell the smoke.

You then saw a could of pitch black smoke made its way to the ground and bellatrix appeared.. Harry was the only thing you could think. You ran downstairs and saw Harry running away.

'Harry! No!' Lupin yelled.

You ran after him and made your way outside.. but Harry was already gone. The fire made it impossible for you to cross.

'Stand back!' Lupin yelled.

You walked back. Ginny ran outside and ran after him. You wanted to run after them but Arthur grabbed you. You looked back at him.

'Stay here!' He hissed. 'It's dangerous.'

You should have listened to Draco.. You should have listened.. You had no idea how he knew this. Hermione ran outside and grabbed your wrist. You pulled you aside for a moment.

'Draco knew.' She said. 'How did he-'

'That's not the most important thing right now! Harry and Ginny are out there!'

You pulled your wrist back. This was awful. You looked around. Lupin and Tonks were trying to get the fire to stay back.. but they couldn't reach it all.

'This is impossible.' You sighed.

And indeed it was.. It didn't take long before the living room caught fire. You gasped and pulled Hermione back a little. You felt so bad for the Weasleys.. their house was gone, their daughter ran after Harry and might get killed.

But then they came back. You couldn't be happy for them. All you could see was the burning house. You didn't know what to say or what to do..

-

'I'm going to kill Draco for not telling this to us.' You hissed.

You were back at Hogwarts, eating breakfast with the Gryffindors. You had nowhere else to go since the burrow burned down.

'He did warn you.' Hermione shrugged.

'He could have said what was going to happen when I asked him! God, he's so impossible.'

Hermione smiled a little at you. You kicked her under the table and her expression changed to a deadly glare. The two boys just looked at you two.

'Why didn't you tell us Draco warned you?' Harry then asked.

'Why would I tell you?' You asked.

You glanced over at the Slytherin table where you actually should be sitting. You saw Draco leave the great hall on his own. You got up. Ron grabbed your arm.

'Let it go.'

You pulled your arm back and walked after him. He grabbed his arm. Draco turned around and looked at you. You quickly let him go when you felt that you were turning red.

'What do you want?' He asked.

'If you would have told me what exactly would have happened that night at the burrow, I wouldn't have come. Why did you have to be so mysterious about it?!'

Draco sighed and shook his head.

'I warned you. It was your own choice to go.'

'You didn't tell me what was going to happen! You're such a drama queen that I thought you were being dramatic!'

'You wouldn't have believed me anyways!' He hissed. 'Because that's how you are!'

Draco turned around to walk away.

'How did you know?'

Draco turned back. He was a little confused.

'That it was going to happen? How did you know?'

Draco just looked at you. He then turned around and walked away without answering you. You really did like something impossible. He was impossible. You walked back towards the great hall. Hermione and Harry walked out of the great hall.

'Y/N, you missed the post. Here.'

Hermione handed you a letter. She was holding a newspaper.

'Where's Ron?' You asked.

'Pulled away by his stalker.' Hermione sighed.

Lavender.. of course. The letter was from your parents. You smiled and kept it with you to open later. You walked past the students.

'It's so easy for them to get to you! You're bloody luck you weren't killed.' Hermione spoke to Harry.

Hermione lowered the newspaper. You weren't going to interfere in this even though you thought Hermione was right. Harry shouldn't have ran after Bellatrix. Even though she killed His godfather. She brought Ginny into danger.

'You have to realise who you are.' She said.

'I know who I am, Hermione. Alright?'

Hermione didn't say anything

'I'm sorry..' He then said.

You looked ahead and already heard lavender laugh. She just gave Ron a necklace. She was happier than he was. She was hugging him, kissing his head. Ron was just annoyed. You turned around to look at Hermione.

'Excuse me, I have to go and vomit.' She said.

She walked away. You walked after her. You grabbed her sleeve and she turned to you.

'He doesn't love her. It'll end soon.' You smiled.

'I know.' She just said. 'Got anything useful out of Draco?' She asked.

'He says it's my own fault.. and it's true. I was the one who didn't believe him.'

'Even if you wouldn't have been there, it would have happened.' Hermione said. 'It's not your fault.'

That was true. You didn't have to see it, though. You could have died too. If you wouldn't have ran outside, you'd be stuck in the attic when the burrow would burn down. You just realised that.

'Hermione.. I would have died if I wouldn't have ran after Harry.' You said.

Hermione looked at you and laid her hand on your shoulder.

'You didn't die. You were smart.' Hermione said. 'No one died and that's good.'

'I guess so.'

Draco passed you two and walked up the stairs.

'Draco goes upstairs a lot.. I wonder why.'

'Ask him so he can make up a lie again.' Hermione grinned.

You playfully pushed her but were still looking at Draco.. The 7th floor.. every time.