40 ~ there's only one way to find out

You had been awake for a while. Your parents seemed to be very worried. You had no idea how long you had been down there. They seemed to have forgotten about you three. As if they were busy with something else.

'Y/N.'

You looked up and your mother sat down next to you. She pulled you against her.

'Are you okay?'

'I'm fine, mum.' You said. 'Don't worry about me.'

'I can't help it.'

'I know.'

You hugged her. You were happy that you were there with your parents. At least you had them with you. It calmed you. You didn't have to worry that much about them. If you would have no idea what was happening to them, you'd be worried sick the entire time.

You heard someone coming down the stairs of the cellar. You saw wormtail. He brought down two people. You got up right away.

'Luna?' You asked.

'Hello, Y/N.' Her signature voice spoke while the cellar door closed behind you. 'Did Malfoy lock you up?'

'No. It was.. voldemort.' You said.

Luna looked at your parents. You looked at the man next to her. It was a.. goblin? You looked away from him.

'Mum, dad, this is Luna. She's a friend from school.'

'Hello.' Luna smiled.

'Nice to meet you.' Your mother said.

Luna looked at you.

'How long have you been here?' She asked.

'I don't know. It's hard to judge. A few days?'

'Probably.' Your father said.

You and Luna sat down against the wall.

'I thought you and Draco were doing well.' She said.

'We are.. I mean.. he doesn't have a choice. It isn't his fault.'

'Don't you trust him too much?' Luna asked.

You didn't want to think about this all. You didn't want to end up fighting with him. You cared about him.. you needed him and he needed you.

'No. I don't. This war is the only thing that's coming between us two. It frustrates me.'

'I can get that. You are both on different sides.' Luna said.

You nodded. You laid your head against the wall. You were getting tired. That could mean that it was getting late again. Yet you could never really sleep. You looked at your parents who had already fallen asleep.

'What about your dad?' You asked Luna.

'He's still safe. He's at home.'

'He must be worried.'

'Yes, he must be.'

For some reason, you could never really talk to Luna. It was always uncomfortable. You didn't know what it was. Maybe it was you? Or her? Maybe she didn't like you?

'You should try to sleep too.' Luna said. 'You look tired.'

'I never can. I just want until I kinda pass out for an hour or two.'

It was quite for awhile. You were used to it. You could talk all day, of course.

'What happened?' Luna asked.

You looked at her. You didn't know what she meant.

'Your arm.'

You looked at it. You could still see the cuts in there.