29 ~ is this going to change anything?

Draco allowed his hands to slide down the paper as he read it again. This had to be the third time he did. He couldn't believe that he actually got an answer. He never expected you to send anything back... or even read his letter after what happened. Still, you did. Still, you were holding on to what you had.. which made Draco very happy, of course.

Hi Dray,

I'm so glad to hear that you're okay. I was terrified that they'd do something to you. Harry already told me that it wasn't you. The thought that it was you only crossed my mind once.. of course, I know better than that.

Im glad you didn't tell me. I don't think I would have been able to handle what Harry saw. I'm not mad at you.

I gotta admit that I'm scared. I know about your secret. I don't know if anyone else knows that but if they do.. Will they come after me? I know you probably don't know that. I don't even know..

Oh, I also told my parents about you.. about everything. They're not mad. If anything, they understand and support us. I hope your parents can do that too.. although with your dad, that's going to be a little difficult.

I hope I get to see you soon. Alive and safe.. the upcoming weeks are going to be difficult but just know that I'll be waiting for you.

I love you,

~ Y/N

Draco read it again. He smiled a little. He loved to get something from you. It wasn't good that you were scared but he couldn't help but feel overjoyed.

'Draco?'

He didn't even hear his mother come in. He looked up and put the letter away. He folded it so his mother wouldn't be able to read it.

'Are you okay? You've been a little distant since you came back.'

'I don't think that's very weird.' He said.

His mother looked at the letter and then back at him.

'It isn't. I just wanted to know if I can help you with anything.'

'No. I'm doing quite well, actually.. I just don't feel like being around the dark Lord all day.'

'I get that.' Narcissa said.

She looked at the letter again. Draco wouldn't mind if she'd ask him what it was. He knew he could trust his mum. She didn't seem to know if she could ask or not.

'So.. what's up?' Draco asked.

'Nothing really. I just wanted to see what you were doing and if you're okay.'

'I was just reading this.' Draco said while looking at the letter.

'Perhaps you should answer.' She said.

'I was the first one to send a little. She responded to me.'

When he said she, Narcissa got much more interested. All he knew was that Draco talked to Pansy, who he would never send a letter to, and Astoria. But he never spoke to Astoria thay often, let alone that they'd send letters.

'Did you send Pansy something?' She decided to ask.

'No. Definitely not.' Draco grinned. 'You don't know her mum.'

'So my son is sending some mystery lady letters?' Narcissa asked while raising her brows.

'No, not some mystery lady.. my girlfriend.'

'Your girlfriend? That sounds interesting.' She smiled.

She walked over to his bed and sat down besides him.

'She's great. Well, I said you don't know her but you might recognise a part of her name. Seeing that she's a pureblood and a Slytherin.'

'Oh really?'

'Yeah.. it's Y/N. Y/N Y/L.'

His mother hadn't heard that name in a few years. She and Lucius used to be friends with your parents. But when Lucius chose the dark side and your parents refused to have anything to do with any that, the contact ended.

'I haven't heard that last name in ages.' Narcissa smiled. 'I'm sure she's great! We used to be friends with her parents.'

'She's amazing.. She knows about everything, by the way.. But she wasn't scared. She listened to me and she understood that I'm not like the others. That I don't want this. She supported me.. She still supports me. I thought she'd wanna break up with me but she won't. She's the light in my life.'

Narcissa was glad to hear her son be so positive about something. It had been long since she saw such a sincere smile on his face. She knew that it was all okay between you two.

'Well.. I'm glad you found someone, honey. Don't let anyone else know that she knows about your secret. We don't know what will happen if the dark Lord finds out.' She said. 'I'm looking forward to meeting her.'

'Let's wait until all of this is over. I don't want her to risk her life by coming here.' Draco said. 'I really hope that you get to meet her.. and I hope that you find her just as amazing as I think she is.'

Narcissa hugged Draco and he hugged her back right away. She looked at him.

'Thank you for trusting me.' She smiled.

'Of course. You're the only one here who has the same opinion as I have.'

'Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry that your father got us into this.. all we have to do is survive..'

'We will mum.'

Narcissa got up and walked towards the door.

'Mum.'

Narcissa stopped, knowing exactly what Draco was going to ask or say.

'Is this going to change anything?' Draco asked. 'The fact that I'm dating her?'

'I don't know what you're talking about.' Narcissa said right away.

'I heard you and dad talk. You know I did. You saw me. Don't pretend like you don't know.'

Narcissa sighed and turned around.

'I don't know Draco. I don't know if it's going to change anything. It wasn't our decision to make. Even if you tell the dark Lord, I doubt that he'll change his mind.'

'Mum, if she-'

'I know Draco.. I know.. She's the only positive thing you have. I know.. and if I could change it.. I would. But I don't think I can.'

Draco looked at her. It was unfair in his mind.

'She doesn't deserve this fate. This isn't something that should happen to her.'

Narcissa looked at him. The happiness she just had for his son was gone right away.

'Did you tell her?' She asked.

'No. I couldn't..' Draco said.

'Keep it that way. For our own safety, you have to.'

'You can't be serious right now! Mum i-'

'No, Draco.' She said. 'I know you care about her but you have to think about your own safety first. I'm sorry, Draco.'

Narcissa walked out of the door. Draco sighed and laid his hands in his hands. He didn't understand why it had to be you. There were more purebloods he could target but it had to be you. He hoped that telling his mother would help but it clearly didn't..

He couldn't do anything. Another lie of his would be uncovered.. But he didn't know if that hurt you more than what was about to happen. All he could do is sit and wait for it to happen.. to see what would happen with you..