23 ~ is everything okay?

'She must have meant something with it. Maybe Draco is keeping secrets from you.' Hermione said.

'No. He told me that he wasn't keeping secrets. He told me he'd never lie again.'

You just told Hermione about what Pansy said. She didn't seem to trust that Draco wasn't keeping secrets from you. You leaned back against the tree you were sitting under and sighed.

'He could lie when he said that.'

'Hermione.. I thought you weren't like this!'

'I'm sorry but Pansy sounds serious about this!'

'Yeah seriously trying to get us to break up! She could be lying too.'

Hermione didn't say anything. You stared past the students. There was always something with Draco.

'Do you think all the Malfoys have secrets?' Hermione asked.

'I don't know.'

You looked back at her. Was she seriously believing Pansy? You wanted her to say: he's not lying! But nooooo of course she believes her.

'Okay, let's say that hypothetically, Pansy was right. What can he possibly be lying about.'

'Death eater.'

You looked up and saw Harry. Why was he even here?

'Dude, what the hell are you even interfering with this?' You asked.

He sat down. You rolled your eyes. Harry was mental. You didn't want his opinion. He was only trying to scare you.. trying to get you to break up with him. He wasn't support. Not like a friend.

Okay, so Draco was his enemy. Okay but is that more important than seeing your friend happy? Apparently, yes. You saw the side of Draco that he didn't see.

'Because you're talking about Malfoy lying and I'm sure it has something to do with Voldemort.'

'Oh my.. shut up, Harry! You're way too obsessed with that! Draco is in no way a death eater!' You yelled.

'Y/N, calm down.' Hermione said.

You shot her a look and crossed your arms. You had amazing friends. Such a blast to talk to them when you're worried and they don't even try to calm you down. You just wished Pansy wouldn't have said anything to you.

'Malfoys are Malfoys Y/N.. they always have something with Voldemort.' Harry said.

'You just want that to be true. I'll break up with him.' You snapped. 'You're going to have to accept this, Harry. I'm not going to break up with him. He makes me happy.'

You got up.

'Don't go.' Hermione said.

'I don't even want your help right now.' You sighed.

You started walking away. You had no idea where you were going. You just walked into the castle.

It didn't take long before you saw Draco, Gregory and Vincent. You watched them goof around. You didn't want to bother him now. You sighed and turned around.

You turned around and walked towards the stairs. Maybe you had to go see Ron? You hadn't seen him since the entire thing with Hermione.

You walked towards the hospital wing. Harry told you that Ron was awake but that he had to rest some more in the hospital wing.

You walked towards his bed. He looked at you and smiled. You sat down besides his bed.

'Hi.' You smiled.

'Hey.'

'How are you feeling?'

He slowly sat up. He seemed to be doing better. He wasn't unconscious anymore. He could sit up and talk.

'I'm doing better. Thank you for checking up on me.'

'Of course.' You smiled. 'We might not agree on everything but you're still my friend.'

'I'm glad I am.' He smiled.

You gave him a smile.

'Lavender hasn't come.' He then said. 'I don't know why.'

'Yeah.. You kinda broke up with here..'

Ron looked at you. He didn't even seem to think that that was such a big problem. He seemed.. happy? Happy that they broke up? It seemed like that.

'When?' He asked.

'When we just found out you had been poisoned we came to visit you and you mumbled something in your sleep.'

He didn't remember it at all.

'Did I miss anything else?' He asked.

'Not really. A few classes but that's it. Nothing very important.'

'Are you sure? Because you seem a bit preoccupied.'

You didn't want to bother him with your problems. Maybe you just had to lie this one time.

'I'm just wondering how this could have happened.' You then lied.

'I heard it was meant for Dumbledore..  Maybe someone is trying to kill him.' Ron spoke.

'Who would want to kill Dumbledore?'

'Voldemort.. death eaters.'

That was true. But there couldn't be death eaters at Hogwarts. I mean.. would Voldemort recruit students? Or maybe one of the teachers is a rat? Who knows..  that thought frightened you a little.

What teach would want to harm Dumbledore? You couldn't think of anyone. Snape was mean but he wouldn't betray Dumbledore.. would he? Or maybe it was Slughorn? McGonagall? Filch?

'There can't be any death eaters at Hogwarts.. we're all students and I can't think of any teach who would want to harm Dumbledore.' You said.

'There are some nasty people at Hogwarts Y/N. People Voldemort would want to recruit. Whether it's about their family or about the fact that they're Slytherin.'

You looked at him.

'What are you implying?'

'Nothing. I just want you to be careful. You live in the Slytherin house.. who knows what nasty people could do.'

'I don't have to be careful. I'm a Slytherin myself. They'll never harm me.'

'You're friends with us.'

You didn't even want to think about this all. Hogwarts was a mess. This year wasn't going to end well. Like every other year, too much was going on. Couldn't you have one peaceful year.

'I'm not implying Malfoy if that's what you're thinking.' Ron sighed.

'I wasn't thinking that.' You immediately said.

Ron raised his brows.

'Get some rest, Ron. I'll get going.'

You got up and walked away. You walked out of the hospital wing and saw Draco waiting for you.

'I saw you heading here, thought I'd wait for you.'

You blushed. He walked over to you.

'Is everything okay?' He asked.

You looked at him. Why were you even doubting him? Why were you starting to believe everything other people said. Why?

As soon as you looked into his beautiful eyes and saw his sweet smile, you realised that you shouldn't doubt him. He made a promise. He loved you.. if something was going on, he'd tell you.

A smile appeared on your face and you hugged him. Draco smiled and wrapped his arm around you too.

'Everything is great.' You smiled.