46 ~ I swear, if that kid dies

Voldemort let his forces retreat not much later. You lost sight of Draco in the retreating chaos but you knew he was okay. You made your way back to the great hall.

You didn't know how many people survived. You didn't know who survived. You didn't know if your father survived. You hoped he did. You missed him. You prayed for him to be okay.

As soon as you came in, you heard crying. Lots of it. Many sad people. You looked to the side and saw Remus and Tonks. They didn't survive. You quickly kept walking. You didn't want to think about it.

In the distance, you saw the Weasley family. You made your way over to them. Molly looked at you. You approached her. You didn't like the way this was looking. Someone died in their family.. or wasn't that the case?

'Oh, hello dear.' She said while wiping her tears.

You saw a friend laying on the floor with George crying besides it.

'No.. No did.. oh my god.. '

You hugged Molly tight away. She hugged you back.

'I'm so sorry..'

Molly didn't say anything. Your comfort was great for her. You let her go and turned around. You saw madam Pomfrey behind you. You didn't like the look she had on her face. Molly saw it too.

'Sorry.. I.. I couldn't do anything. He wants you to know that he loves you dearly and that.. he's happy to return to your mother.'

'No... no tell me it isn't true.' You choked.

Madam Pomfrey reached out to you. You grabbed her hand and walked with her. You saw your father laying there. He wasn't breathing.

'No..'

You fell onto your knees and grabbed his cold hand. You broke down crying right away. You couldn't believe that voldemort and his followers took all the family you had away from you.

You never felt this kind of pain and missing before. You laid your head on his chest. The cuts were too deep and he had lost too much blood.

You couldn't hear anyone else. You couldn't even see straight. It felt like you were now all alone. You were done. Done with everything. Done with the war, done with fighting, done with the lies, done with everything.

Harry, Hermione and Ron also came in. They focussed on Fred first but Hermione got a glance of you. She ran over to you. Harry watched her run towards you.

She saw your father. She realised that you now lost everything you still had. She sat down besides you and laid her hand on your shoulder.

You turned your head to her. She pulled you against her.

'I can't do it anymore.' You cried.

Hermione saw the cuts in his chest. It wasn't a very peaceful death. Of course you knew that. You were there. You had seen his suffering.

'No.. You can. I'm here for you, Draco is there for you, Harry and Ron are too.'

'I can't do this anymore. I can't wait for answers anymore.. I just want it to end. All of it. The fighting, the dying, the war, the lies.. the pain. Please make it stop.' You cried.

'I see how much Draco loves you. He'll go with you. You have us. We'll help you through it.'

You didn't know what to say. You just held her before looking back at your dad. At least your parents were together. Maybe you had to hold on to that. Else, you weren't going to be able to continue.

It was unfair. Unfair that they both had to go. Unfair that even either of them had to go. They shouldn't have died. Both of them shouldn't have died.

You wiped your tears and looked at Hermione. She was so sweet. Your best friend. You knew she was. This only confirmed it.

'I'm sorry..' You sniffed.

'It's fine.. You have all the reasons to be sad.'

-

You had been looking for Draco. You kinda needed him right now.. but you had no idea where he was. You saw Harry, Ron and Hermione on the staircase.

'Where have you been?' You asked Harry.

You joined them. It looked like he had just arrived. Harry looked worried.. but also ready to do something. You didn't know what to expect.

'We thought you went to the forest.' Ron said.

Harry walked past you and stopped on the bottom of the stairs. Luckily, he didn't go. This was horrible. If he died you'd have nothing.

'I'm going there now.' He said.

'Are you mad?! No!' Ron hissed.

You agreed with Ron. He could get killed. He was going to get killed. Like you believed that Harry was strong but Voldemort still had horcruxes and he didn't.. for as you far as you knew.

'You can't give yourself up to him.' You said.

Harry just stood there. Breathing heavily. Hermione took a few steps further down the stairs.

'What is it, Harry?' She asked. 'What is it, you know?'

Harry turned around. You had a feeling about what it was. Harry could hear the horcruxes. You kinda expected that what he knew you were already expecting.

'There's a reason I can hear them. The horcruxes.. I think I've known for awhile.. and I think you have too.'

Harry.. he was a horcrux.. he had to die to defeat Voldemort. Great.. more death. One of your best friends was going to die and you knew it. It wasn't something you wanted to prepare yourself for. It was something no one wanted.

'I'll go with you.' Hermione choked.

You couldn't let her go with him. Harry also didn't want that. It was Harry he was after. Not Hermione. She shouldn't go.

'No. Kill the snake. Kill the snake and then it's just him.'

Hermione hugged him. You walked over to him as well. When Hermione let him go, you hugged him as well. Harry let you go, turned around and then walked away.

'I swear, if that kid dies, we're all doomed.' You sighed.