✨ extra ✨

i'm sorry it's taken me months to update the bonus chapter for this story. towards the end of this book i was feeling really uninspired and uninterested in the plot and just focused on getting it done. i haven't even been paying attention to this book while i've been working on others and i'm literally sh00k by the growth of this story. anyways here's the chapter ❤️

i hung up the phone, tossing it down onto the bed before making my way over to my closet.

make sure you're ready.

i rummaged through my closet, searching for a good dress. i finally found one i was satisfied with and laid it on the bed before heading to shower.

about 40 minutes later i was in my bathroom doing my makeup. i had my hair and outfit finished. i checked the time. i was late and he'd be here at any point. right after i finished i heard knocking on the door. i rushed to open the door, slipping on my shoes and swinging open the door to be greeted by jungkook.

he was dressed up and i couldn't help but stare in awe at the man in front of me. he was wearing a suit and staring back at me with the same expression as mine. eventually he gave me a small smile, clearing his throat, "are you ready to go?" i nodded my head and he grabbed my hand as he pulled me towards the car. he opened the door for me before walking to the other side of the car, my eyes fixed on him the entire time.

there was soft music playing in the car, the volume low. the silence was peaceful. he held my hand, rubbing his thumb across the back of my hand.

we arrived at a restaurant that looked familiar. "jungkook-" he shook his head, silently telling me not to speak. i looked around, there were very few cars in the parking lot. i was starting to doubt they were even open when jungkook opened the door, a waitress immediately greeting us.

"why's it so empty?" i cling onto jungkook's arm, a strange feeling bothering me. we were sat down on a booth. the waitress left, leaving jungkook and i alone in the seemingly almost abandoned restaurant.

i tried to ignore the strange feeling, focusing on jungkook instead. i kept finding my eyes trailing to his figure. i snuck glances at him as he was looking over the menu, deciding what to order. "baby, figure out what you want to eat then you can continue staring at me." he said suddenly. his eyes didn't leave the menu in front of him but i could see the corners of his lips turn up into a smirk. i rolled my eyes but did as he said, picking up a menu to look over.

about an hour and a half later we were still there, now with empty plates of dessert sitting in front of us as our laughter filled the quietness. suddenly jungkook leaned over, holding both of my hands in his larger ones and pressing a kiss to my lips. the kiss was short and sweet but filled with passion. he pulled back, smiling goofily. "i love you," he said.

i covered my face in embarrassment. jungkook and i had both graduated high school already yet here he was, making me feel like a middle school girl getting confessed to by her crush. i fell hands wrap around my own before my hands were pulled away from my face.

"don't cover your face," he frowned before giving me a soft smile. instead of saying anything else he leaned over again, pressing his lips to mine. this one last longer, exciting the butterflies in my stomach. i was too lost in the kiss notice him standing up before he pulled away.

he was now standing next to me, no longer sitting across from me in the booth. i looked back and forth trying to figure out what happened before he saw my name, grabbing my attention. "i love you," he repeated, the look on his face serious as he took his next move.

my eyes widened as i saw him get on one knee. "i love you. so much. and we've been through so much together, i don't know what i'd do if i ever lost you." i felt my eyes mist over as he pulled it a small black velvety box.

"y/n," i felt my throat close up as he looked up at me with hopeful eyes. "i want to be with you for the rest of my life. it took me forever to even admit that i liked you and i was almost too late. i won't let the same thing happen again. so, y/n, will you marry me and spend the rest of your life with me?"

no matter how much i tried i couldn't hold back the tears that slid down my face. i covered my face with my hands, shielding my crying face from his view. i nodded eagerly, not able to force and words out.

he stood up immediately, sliding the ring into my finger and cupping my face as he looked at me with his own teary eyes. "i love you so much, y/n." he pressed his lips on mine.

there wasn't a single trace of lust or of similar intentions in the kiss. there was only love as he held the woman he'd been after for so long. nothing but love and happiness.