《5》

Just... bare with me.

🔫🔫🔫

The archive room was just at the end of the hallway. It's been a while since he had been there. Normally, the information is stored electronically and Namjoon is the one in charge of handing it out.

The archive room though, is were everything, since the roots of this organization, is stored. Things that can't be simply put in a flah drive and into one of Namjoon's many cabinets. That place contains everything. Every pesky little secret. Every detail.

Hoseok searched through the many electronic keys, accessed the security pin and let the scanner flash across his eye. It may look like too much security for a dusty, little room with old, rotting files, but everything has its own purposes.

Once the door clicked, allowing Hoseok to enter, the first thing he saw were shelves. Lots of them. Not even a supermarket has that many shelves. It was more like a library. A very dangerous and well hidden library. There was only one key to the room and only high ranking members were allowed to ask for access to the room.

Once inside, he didn't bother to turn the lights on. He headed directly to the sections he knew, had necessary information. Stacking paper after paper, notebook after notebook, he left them on a table in the corner, letting the records pile into dangerously high towers.

"Why am I the one doing this?" Hoseok looked up at the information he had to go through. Cracking his neck and taking his coat off, he sat on the table, turning on the lamp and grabbing ahold of a notepad and a pen.

"So cruel, Namjoonie. Making your hyung feel as a teenager studying for finals." Hoseok pouted, grabbing the first folder that came in hand.

🔫🔫🔫

He just finished going over five different files. All containing information about previous deals with other gangs and mafias. Nothing much. He wrote a few names that may have a reason to play tricks with Bangtan, but nothing seem out of the ordinary. Old receipts didn't necessarily mean old grudges.

The thing that really caught his attention was a book he found shoved into the very back of a shelf. It was more like a journal and he had finished reading it. A confrontation between mafias from when they were children. He could barely remember it. It was so long ago, he was probably around ten or eleven years old back then. Just a year after he started living with Namjoon's family.

🔫🔫🔫
Flashback time

Namjoon knocked on his door and peeked through the crack. Hoseok was seated on his bed in the dark room. Something that became usual for the young boy. Despite the many attempts coming form Namjoon trying to befriend him, Hoseok never spoke a word unless it was to leave him alone.

Hoseok came to live with the younger boy's family after Namjoon's father brought him in. He kept his facial expressions limited ever since the moment he stepped foot in that mansion.

"Hoseok, this is Namjoon, my son. Why don't you two become friends?" Those were the man's first words to him once they arrived.

A kid, about the same age as him, with black hair and big dimples, smiled at him. Hoseok refused countless times to play with him, no matter how hard the boy and the other people in the house had tried.