《20.1》

"M-mommy... Daddy... Please!... Please don't leave! Don't leave me alone!" The blurry images of a couple walking away only sent the little kid to his knees.

He cried and begged for them to come back. The figures turned for a second, before turning back around and kept walking further away, their silhoettes vanishing the further they walked. The little kid cried on his knees, muttering uncomprehensible words under his chocking breath.

"Don't leave me here please! It's scary!"

"Jimin! Jimin! Wake up!" A woman shook the sleeping boy, trying to wake the innocent child from his nightmare.

"Mommy! Daddy! Don't leave Jiminie alone! Not here again!" Jimin cried as he tossed in his sleep, unaware of the concerned woman who desperately tried to rescue him from his mind.

"Jimin please wake up!"

"Please!" The little boy shot up screaming. The woman immedietly surrounded him with an arm as the boy's respiration came in quick, short breaths. She could feel him shaking violently and she knew he was having another episode.

"Jimin, please calm down. You're safe. Please calm down." The woman hugged the boy, but he didn't seem to stop shaking and shouting. The woman panicked even more when she saw red on the white sheets. "Jimin stop!"

Pulling away, the woman was quick to grab the child's hands and force them open. She looked worried over the deep, red marks on his palms. He had fisted his hands so tightly that he had actually rip the tissue and bend his nails to the point some were broken and clingging.

"Oh Lord. Little boy, please, please stop." The woman hugged the boy again, holding his hands with one hand as the other surrounded the tiny boy.

Jimin cried, muffled words and sobs escaped his mouth as he felt the woman hugging him tight. The woman rocked him back and forth as he tried to forget for a second. Soon, his cries became no more than hitched breaths and his shaking body resorted to small tics, even with the tears still cascading down his chubby cheeks.

He never hugged back, but at least he was now conscious of his surroundings. Thank God, it was not that place. Not that horrible... dark... scary place.

Now that his body went into a state of complete stillness, he could feel the aftereffects of the spasms that had overwhelmed his tiny body just seconds ago. His skin buzzed, as some places felt numb.

Jimin whined in the woman's ear, attracting her attention. "What is it Jimin?" The woman asked, relieved that the boy was now much more calm.

With a small voice, Jimin let out a small noise that resembled that of a puppy. "Jiminie's hands sting..." He said with a cracked and very high pitched voice, showing his palms. The dents from his fingernails were evident as well as the smeared blood that was quickly drying on his small palms, filling the prints on the skin.

The woman placed her skinny, yet still larger hands under the little boys, feeling how he rested them on top. "Let's go wash them, okay? Then we can bandage them. I'm sure Sister Ahn bought more bandaids." The woman said in a soft tone.

"A-and can Jiminie choose the color?" Jimin's eyes went wide with expectation, as he tried to ignore the pain on his hands.

"Yes, little one. Jiminie can choose any color." The boy's face lit up instantly, his smile distracting the attention from his puffy eyes and tear stained face.

🔫🔫

Jimin walked silently down the hallway, playing with his broken nails. He walked slowly, trying to concentrate only on the blue bandaids with yellow stars that covered both palms. The woman, Sister Chae, walked quietly besides him while stealing glances at the little boy.