《23.1》

Everyone has to push their way through life one way or another. When it happens depends on the person and the circumstances they were born into.

Most people see those who were born with a silver spoon in their mouth as the ones who push the least or push later on in life; while those who weren't offered what they wanted in silver plate had to fight their way from the youngest of ages.

Nowadays, this can be proven inconsistent due to the character of every human being different and so their hardships are unlikely too.

Everyone has their own demons and everyone has their own ways of dealing with them.

Today's tale doesn't start with a battle nor a wish. It is simple and not something that could be seen as extraordinary. However, every tale has its own twist and this one if no exception.

Jeon Jungkook was born into a family of average status, with parents that didn't necessarily lacked in money nor access to primary sources.

The moment he was born, he didn't show any sort of outstanding features, and neither did his future. He was a normal baby born into a normal family. Nothing special and nothing out of the ordinary.

Or so it seemed from the other side of the curtain covered windows and oak doors.

Although the boy was given proper care for the first couple years of existence, it was no secret that he wasn't the Jeon's main priority and nothing really seemed to be.

From a young age, Jungkook had been left to fend for himself, although he could be still considered by most a literal baby. His parents would feed him and change him, only to leave him completely alone in the void of the house that, in comparison to the small child, could be seen as a huge place.

For some, this would be a normal behavior from a couple whom have to work daily to support their growing family and having to leave their home for long hours to be able to bring food to their awaiting child. Not unusual.

That is if it wasn't for the fact that a toddler was left alone, with the care of no one at all and that the Jeon's "work" and main source of income (as they liked to address it), was nothing more than the shuffling of cards and constant dependence on their own luck.

The usual casinos and underground meeting places, where the smoke of herbs and the smell of liquor is the atmosphere for rows of tables, surrounded by people that put all their hopes on a dice and their rewards came in the form of small, plastic chips.

Yes, the Jeon's were proficient gamblers, who where knowledgeable in any sort of game of strategy or luck, where their rewards came in from the pocket of the person seated right across from them.

Many would consider this a risky and honestly very stupid "job" as it mainly depended on high strategic skills and probably the blessing of God on them.

Society would long have judged them for their way of life, specially knowing that they had a child at home whom practically lived alone as his parents left early in the morning and came back at late hours of the night.

It was almost a miracle that the child was still alive. If it wasn't for the slight pang of motherly instinct that Mrs. Jeon had the first few years of her son's birth, in which she would either come home during noon and earlier at night to feed the innocent boy, Jungkook might not have lived past the negligence of his biological parents and guardians.

The moment the boy was able to walk and take in simple orders, the Jeon's had take it as a sign the their son was sufficient enough to stay by himself and return to their old habits of practically living in their "work place".