two

CHAPTER TWO:

WOLF MOON, PART TWO

The school week flew by in a blur for Brooke. While Lydia and Jackson were consumed with excitement for the upcoming lacrosse scrimmage, Brooke's thoughts were swarmed with images of Laura Hale's dead body and the news that Scott McCall was indeed a werewolf.

After she saw Scott and Stiles in the woods, she went to the Hale house and met with Derek. While she was excited to see him, her heart broke when she discovered his return was because of Laura's death. Her heart broke even more when she learned whatever killed Laura had bit Scott. As much as she loved her family, she wouldn't wish this world on to anyone outside of it.

Nevertheless, Brooke found herself attending lacrosse practice all week, keeping an eye on Scott and avoiding conversation with his best friend. Luckily, practices and the scrimmage passed without any major injuries, and Brooke found herself exhaling for the first time all week as she got ready for Jackson's party.

However, her anxiety soon flared up again when she remembered that it was a full moon. And that Scott was going to be attending the party. With Allison.

"So, are you going to the party with anyone?" Lydia asked, distracting Brooke from the makeup she was currently applying to her face. She internally groaned at Lydia's question. Ever since her last boyfriend (Drew, they met at the summer camp she attended every summer) broke up with her, Brooke had been avoiding the male gender. All they did was cause drama.

"No, Lydia, we're driving there together," Brooke reminded her best friend.

"You're not even meeting anyone there?"

"No, Lydia."

"If you want I could set you up with someone on the team."

"I don't want to be set up with anyone!" Brooke snapped. She huffed and turned back the vanity mirror in front of her.

"I'm sorry, B," Lydia said quietly after a moment had passed. "I just want to see you happy."

"No, I'm sorry, Lyds." Brooke sighed. "I know you have good intentions, but I don't need a boy to be happy. I shouldn't have snapped, I'm just a little irritated."

"It's okay. Is it that time of the month?" Lydia asked sympathetically.

Brooke glanced out the window and at the full moon. "Yeah. It's that time of the month."

******

An hour later, the two girls arrived at the party. It was already in full-swing with teens dancing in the backyard and cars covering the street. Brooke and Lydia confidently walked through the front door without knocking, and were soon greeted by the host himself.