two

CHAPTER TWO:

OMEGA, PART TWO

After an interesting interaction between Scott and Chris Argent, the three teens continued towards the Hale house

The wooden porch creaked loudly beneath their feet, causing Scott to take a weary glance over his shoulder. They shuffled into the house, Stiles much more impatiently than the others.

He walked into the front foyer, searching around for any sign of life but coming up short. He led Scott and Allison into what was once a living room, and instantly noticed a small black object lying on the floor. He instantly raced towards it, picking it up slowly.

"Is that her purse?" Scott asked. Stiles responded with a nod.

"They were here," he responded, heart beating heavily in his chest. "Do you hear anything?"

Scott focused his hearing, and when his head turned slightly towards the back of the house, the other two looked at him expectantly.

"Well?" Stiles asked, growing impatient. Scott's eyes widened and he raced out the front door. Allison and Stiles quickly followed after him, only to find him waiting on the front porch. A few seconds later, Derek's figure became visible in the dark, a blonde figure being carried in his arms.

"Brooke!" Allison yelled, running towards the two.

Derek continued past her, walking up the steps and into his house. Stiles followed him quickly, desperate to make sure Brooke was okay. He watched as Derek laid her gently on the couch, the blonde girl squinting at her surroundings.

"Is she okay?" Stiles asked, rushing forward and kneeling in front of her figure.

Derek shrugged. "Physically, she's fine."

"And mentally?" Scott asked as he walked into the room.

Derek looked at his cousin and sighed. "She seems... out of it?"

The trio looked at the blonde girl expectantly, but she didn't make eye contact with any of them. Her eyes were focused on the ceiling above her, eyebrows furrowed and eyes watery.

"Brooke?" Stiles asked gently. She didn't respond. He looked up at the Alpha in front of him. "Where did you find her?"

"The graveyard," Derek answered. His eyes fell to her shaken figure. "Lydia wasn't with her. She was just standing by herself, staring at an open grave."

"Brooke," Stiles tried again. His hand grabbed hers, and she turned her head slightly to look at him. "Brooke, what happened?"

She shook her head. "I lost her," she whispered. "One second she was there and then she wasn't. I lost her and he's going to get to her and it's all my fault."