seven

CHAPTER SEVEN:

MAGIC BULLET, PART ONE

Brooke isn't proud to admit she avoided Scott and Stiles the next few days.

Both of them had been texting her constantly, asking question after question about the Alpha, about Derek, and about why she hadn't told them sooner. She didn't have the guts to tell them she didn't have answers, and avoided them while she recovered what was left of her dignity. Despite not answering any of their texts, Brooke found herself in her parent's office nearly every day, sitting at her mother's old desk to try and figure everything out.

She had even made a point to sit as far from them as possible in English, and nearly snapped every time she felt their eyes on her. Fortunately, since she had been avoiding the two boys, she was able to spend more time with Lydia and Allison.

Lydia had given her copious amounts of shit for practically ditching her to spend time with them, and Brooke was determined to make it up to her. It had become a ritual throughout the week for Lydia to pick up Allison and Brooke before school so the three could get coffee before class.

It was when they were walking into school, coffee cups in hand, that Allison told her friends that she had a study date with Scott that night.

"Scott's coming over? Tonight?" Brooke asked. The thought of him in a house full of hunters made an uneasy feeling form in her stomach. It wasn't unfamiliar as Brooke had felt it ever since she woke up that morning, but the feeling grew at Allison's words.

"We're just studying," Allison said nonchalantly. Brooke and Lydia exchanged a look and smirked.

"Studying never ends with just studying," Lydia told the brunette. "It's like... getting into a hot tub; somebody eventually cops a feel."

"Wait, so what are you saying?" Allison asked as the girls ascended the stairs to their first class.

"I'm saying make sure he covers up," Lydia answered. Brooke laughed at the girl's bluntness, but Allison just looked at her confused.

"Hello, Snow White!" Brooke laughed again. "She means a condom!"

"Are you kidding?" Allison asked. "After one date?"

"Don't be a total prude," Lydia said. Brooke knocked her shoulder. Allison was more innocent than them, no need to give her trouble for it. "Okay, but give him a little taste."

Brooke and Lydia continued up the stairs as Allison stood there for a second taking in her friends' words. She quickly caught up with them. "How much is a little taste?"

"Oh god, you really like him, don't you?" Lydia asked. Allison looked down at her shoes.

"Well, he's just different," Allison sighed. Brooke couldn't help but snort at her statement. Scott was definitely different; Allison just didn't realize how much. "When I first moved here, I had a plan—no boyfriends until college. I just move around too much. But... then I met him, and he's just different. I don't know, I can't explain it."