five

CHAPTER FIVE:

ICE PICK, PART ONE

Brooke walked into the gym dressed in a Beacon Hills uniform with a scowl

Brooke walked into the gym dressed in a Beacon Hills uniform with a scowl. She walked up to Scott and Stiles, the latter looking incredibly shocked to see her.

"Brooke?" Stiles asked. "I didn't know you had P.E."

"I normally don't," Brooke scowled. "I've been skipping for the entire school year, and would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for the new counselor."

"We have a new counselor?" Stiles asked. Brooke glared at him.

"That's not the point," Brooke said. She looked up at the rock wall in disdain. "Now I get to sweat with a bunch of other teenagers while doing exercise that I don't need."

"Well, if it helps, I'm sure you're just as beautiful covered in sweat as you are dry," Stiles said. Scott turned to look at him with a disappointed look on his face.

"Uh, thanks, I guess," Brooke said, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion but a light blush still covered her face. Not knowing how to fix the awkward situation, the blonde girl left the two boys to go stand next to Allison.

"Dude," Scott deadpanned. "Really?"

"It sounded better in my head," Stiles winced, watching Brooke's blonde ponytail swish as she laughed at something Allison said. The two girls snuck a peek over at him, then began to laugh harder. Stiles let out a groan.

"Alright! Listen up," Coach Finstock said as he walked into the gym. "Everybody has to climb the wall by the end of the week—no exceptions. That includes you Ms. Moore."

Brooke rolled her eyes and let her head fall onto Allison's shoulder dramatically.

"We're going to be going in partners, so listen up for your name!" Coach Finstock told the students. As the first two made their way up to the wall, Allison turned to Brooke with a smirk.

"So what is going on between you and Stiles?" Allison asked. Brooke directed her attention to the students on the wall, mentally correcting their movements.

"Um, nothing really," Brooke shrugged. She felt an elbow jab into her side. "Ow!"

"Please, you can't tell me nothing is going on," Allison responded. "I don't need werewolf senses to know that there's been something different between you two ever since formal."

Brooke sighed and glanced over to the spastic boy before turning to Allison. "I don't know. It's like... he's so annoying and I have a million things to worry about right now, but..."

"But?" Allison questioned.

"But I like being around him," Brooke admitted. She smiled sheepishly and looked at Stiles over her shoulder. "I like how I feel when I'm around him."