four

CHAPTER FOUR:

SECOND CHANCE AT FIRST LINE, PART TWO

Stiles did not heed Brooke's advice, and proceeded to do something incredibly stupid.

Early Saturday morning, Scott and Stiles leaned against the latter's blue jeep, watching as the police walked around the crime scene. The two boys had gone to the Hale house and dug up the second half of the body they found the last night of winter break.

Thoughts swarmed through the boys' heads. If Derek is the one who killed the girl, he must've been the one to bite Scott, right? While Scott was consumed with anger towards the man that ruined his life, Stiles was consumed with worry. While he was proud of himself for getting Derek arrested, he was worried how Brooke would react.

His thoughts were soon answered as the Moore's dark Honda pulled up to the crime scene. Brooke and her dad were climbing out of their car just as Derek was being arrested.

"Wait! What are you doing?" Brooke yelled, running towards Derek. A police officer stopped her. Her dad joined them and the officer explained to them what happened.

Brooke looked around nervously as Stiles discreetly made his way towards Derek. She didn't even notice him since she was consumed with anxiety. The police dug up the body, and they were arresting Derek. As if he killed Laura! Brooke would have scoffed at the absurdity if she wasn't freaking out.

What if the police found her DNA at the grave? There was no way she could get a college scholarship with an arrest record.

Brooke finally took in her surroundings and saw Scott leaning against the blue jeep. Her worried eyes immediately narrowed with anger.

"Oh no," he said, seeing Brooke stalk towards him. He tried to get in the jeep to hide, but the door was locked. He frantically pulled on the door handle as she neared him.

"What did you do?" Brooke angrily asked. She wanted to scream at him, but forced herself to keep her voice down. "How could you two be so stupid?"

Scott took a step backwards, his back hitting the jeep. "It was Stiles' idea."

"Of course it was," Brooke muttered bitterly. She walked away from Scott, him sighing in relief. As she neared the house, she saw her father talking to Sheriff Stilinski. She also saw Stiles sitting in the police cruiser, talking to Derek. Brooke's anger soared again and she made her way over to the sheriff, tapping him on the shoulder. "Your son is talking with the suspect."

"Wha- Stiles!" He yelled. The Sheriff stomped over to the car and pulled Stiles out by his ear. Ignoring the lecture coming from Stiles' dad, Brooke made her way over to Derek.

"Don't worry, Brooke. I'll get out of here." Derek said quietly.

"Of course I'm going to worry, Derek!" Brooked hissed. "What if they find my—"