eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:

WOLF'S BANE, PART TWO

When Brooke arrived at the Stilinski household, she realized she wasn't the only one with an invite

"Uh, hey, Danny," she said, confusion in her voice as she greeted her classmate.

"Hey, Brooke!" Danny responded. "Are you here to study too?"

Brooke nodded. "Right, yeah, I'm here to study."

She led him to the front door, and they let themselves in. They climbed the stairs in silence and Brooke led the way to Stiles room.

She knocked softly and the door quickly swung open, revealing a flustered Stiles. Derek sat in a chair beside his bed, a book in his hand but his eyes looking at the teenagers.

Brooke threw herself on the bed and texted Stiles.

What the hell is Danny Mahealani doing here?

"Why did you text me? We're in the same room," Stiles said, clearly not understanding that Brooke was trying be inconspicuous. She threw her head back in frustration and collapsed onto the bed.

"So are you two, like, a thing now?" Danny asked, fingers gesturing between Brooke and Stiles. Brooke immediately sat up and shook her head.

"Wha- no. Me and Brooke? Yeah, no, not a thing. I don't know what you're talking about," Stiles stuttered out, his face turning a bright red.

"Sure," Danny said, his face showing he clearly didn't believe them. "So, are we going to study or what?"

"Actually," Stiles said, trying to recover from the thought of him and Brooke being together, "I need you to do me a favor."

Ten minutes, and a lot of Stiles sexualizing Derek later, Danny was sitting on his bed with his laptop in his lap, Brooke and Stiles on either side of him.

"There," Danny said. "The text was sent from a computer at the hospital—that one."

"Registered to that account name?" Brooke asked for clarification.

"No, no, no. That can't be right," Stiles said. Derek got up from his seat and joined the teenagers, looking over Brooke's shoulder to see who the text was from.

Melissa McCall.

******

As the sun set and the town was prepping for the night's lacrosse game, Stiles, Derek, and Brooke were driving in the opposite direction of the school.

Brooke sat in the back seat of Stiles' jeep, Derek was in the passenger seat, and Stiles was driving them to the hospital. The car was filled with an awkward silence, but it was soon broken by the sound of Stiles' phone ringing.