three

CHAPTER THREE:

SECOND CHANCE AT FIRST LINE, PART ONE

The rest of the weekend was a lot calmer than Friday night, and Brooke was grateful for the normality of it all. She went to the movies with Allison and Lydia, seeing the latest Rom-Com movie, and spent the rest of her time doing homework and training with her dad.

Brooke loved spending time with her dad, even if it was spent running through the reserve and him training her in self-defense. Despite being covered in sweat and completely exhausted, those times with her dad were her favorite.

Unfortunately, like all good things, the weekend came to an end. Bryan had left for Hawaii Sunday night and Brooke was forced to drink her coffee by herself Monday morning. She dreaded going to school, knowing the bubble she lived in all weekend was soon going to be popped.

Brooke parked her Honda Civic in the school's parking lot, and let out a groan before climbing out. She hadn't even been walking towards the school for thirty seconds before she heard her name being called.

"What do you want, Stilinski?" Brooke asked as the boy fell into step besides her.

"You never told me how you knew about Scott and Derek." Stiles was surprised at how confident his voice sounded. In reality, he was terrified to be talking to the blonde girl beside him. Not only did his six-year-long crush affect his ability to speak around her, but the fact that she knew about the supernatural both scared and intrigued him.

"I told you it was a long story," Brooke answered him.

"I've got time."

"That's nice, but I've got class." Brooke walked faster towards the building, hoping to lose Stiles. Unfortunately, the boy's legs were just as long as hers and  he was able to keep up easily.

"Brooke, wait," Stiles said, reaching for her arm. She shook his hand off and quickly turned on him. She looked him directly in the eyes, only having to slightly tilt her chin up.

"Look, Stilinski. Just because your buddy is suddenly a werewolf doesn't mean you know everything about the supernatural. All you need to focus on is helping Scott, okay?" Brooke turned around quickly, hitting Stiles with her ponytail.

Brooke stalked off towards her classroom, and rolled her eyes when she remembered she shared the class with Stiles and Scott. Luckily, Allison was already in the room when she got there and the two girls quickly began talking, ignoring Scott and Stiles when they walked in the room.

The rest of the day went by similarly—Brooke talking with her friends and doing her best to avoid Stiles. At the end of the day she found herself on the lacrosse field, watching practice to make sure Scott didn't shift on the field. Brooke glanced around the field and saw Derek hiding under the bleachers. Quickly excusing herself to Lydia, Brooke joined Derek and he told her about what happened the past full moon.