02. Alpha Omega

I am the alpha omega,
The fuck is you saying?
EST run shit you better quit playing
They start a war if you mention my name
I'm the alpha omega
Beginning and end
-Alpha Omega
-Machine Gun Kelly

•••••

Honestly I couldn't understand what the big deal was about starting a new high school. All the countless teen fiction books I had read and stereotypical movies I had watched were all complete over exaggerations.

No one stared at me or whispered, despite seeing what had happened in the parking lot not too long ago. It was just a normal day, in a normal school, with normal people.

However, what all those teen fiction books and movies didn't lie about was the amount of pushing and shoving in the hallway.

There were several elbows jabbing into my side, a person next to me screaming for someone called Lilo and some hands touching places they shouldn't be touching.

Finally, feeling like I made it through World War Three, I reached my first lesson of the day.

Biology with Mr Henderson.

Oh the joy...not.

I slowly opened the door fearing I was late and thought I could easily slip by if no one heard me entering, and prevent myself from having to explain why I was late.

I stepped into the class and was met with a few bored faces instead of a full class of teenagers like I expected.

An elderly man smiled at me who I was guessing was my biology teacher for the year.

"You must be Miss Carter, I'm Mr Henderson."

I mumbled a good morning to Mr Henderson and he told me I could take any seat before the bell rings and all the other students enter.

Stupid Riley! You can't even pay attention to the bell!

I took the seat at the back of the class furthest away from the front of the class to prevent being called upon to answer a question.

I settled down in my seat and took out my biology book and pens. As I was digging around in my bag for my biology notes I had made the year before in my previous school, the bell had rung and students started filtering into the almost empty classroom.

I eventually gave up and avoided eye contact with everyone to give off the impression that I didn't want to interact with anyone or make friends.

Of course, when did something ever go right in my life?

I rested my head on my desk and didn't look up when the chair next to mine scraped against the linoleum floors and a weight settled into it.

Please don't talk to me! Please don't talk to me! Please don't talk to m-

"You're either:
A. Tired
B. Depressed
C. Trying to not initiate verbal contact,"