25. I'm Yours

'Cause I've had my heart
Broken before
And I promised
I would never let me hurt anymore
But I tore down my walls
And opened my doors
And made room for one
So baby I'm yours
-I'm Yours
-Alessia Cara

•••••

I sighed as I made my way through my apartment door, grocery bags covering every inch of arms. Yep, you guessed right, Ryder and I had run out of food and I had been nice enough to make a quick stop to the store with Violet as my partner.

But everyone knows what happens to Violet when she gets to the junk food section of any store...

"Oh come on Riley! It's chocolate covered macadamia nuts. How can you resist?" Violet asked, throwing at least five packets of nuts into our trolley.

"Remind me why I asked you to help me stock up on food?" I asked, taking out three of the packets and placing them back on the shelf.

Violet sighed and continued walking down the aisle of the chocolate section in the store, examining the wide varieties of candy stocked up on each shelf.

"You asked me to come because you needed a ride," Violet finally said, walking back to a particular chocolate that caught her attention.

"Exactly, you were supposed to just be my ride and not get out of the car," I said, slyly placing some of the chocolates she had thrown into the trolley back onto their correct shelves.

"Yeah, well now I'm here," Violet said, making her way back to me.

"I can see that," I mumbled.

I glanced at the trolley again, my eyes running over the numerous amounts of shiny packets which contained hundreds of calories and a whole lot of sugar.

If I could remember correctly, since Violet and I had spent most of our time at the store in the junk food section, buried under the pile of junk Violet had chosen was actual food.

I hoped.

"So, how's it feel to date Ryder for a week?" Violet causally asked, picking up a slab of chocolate from the shelf she was standing in front of.

I shrugged, "It kind of feels like nothing changed. Except for the good morning and good night kisses, nothing else has happened."

Violet turned to me with an open mouth, clearly not expecting the answer I had given.

"What do you mean nothing has changed? Isn't he sappy? Or romantic? Don't you two call each other pet names or something? Have you guys even slept together?" Violet asked, staring inquisitively at me.

"No, no, definitely not and gross? I mean everything's exactly as it was before. We used to flirt mildly between each other, that hasn't stopped. Ryder never really liked physical contact but he does hold me and rest his arm on my hip and stuff like that," I answered, ticking the boxes of my mental check list of groceries.