29. Flight of the Stars

I go where you go
Go through Armageddon
Girl I got you
Theres no goodbyes only us
So I will follow
Hold you close standing
On the edge of no tomorrow
Still deep in us, get that rush
So I still follow
-Flight of the Stars
-ZAYN

•••••

"Riley, come on!" Violet yelled, tugging my hand to the slide.

I laughed and allowed her to drag me along with her. Cameron smiled at us from the shade of the tree he was sitting under, a book resting on his lap.

Noah and Kyle were on the swings, while two little boys stood behind them and pushed them so they would move. Ryder was doing some extra training for the championships which was in three days.

I was grateful he had listened to me and got Dylan to give him some extra training yesterday. He had been training consistently ever since the dinner with his parents, now that he had no distractions in his way.

We all had written our final exam today, chemistry, and so we were celebrating by spending the rest of the day at the park since Delilah's Delights was crowded with numerous teenagers who also finished today.

The only downside to the situation was that we only got one day off from school which was tomorrow, and then we'd have to come back to school to check our exam papers.

I was grateful that after, we'd be done with school and we'd be off on our separate ways. I built a family in these couple months of school, I had a boyfriend and trustworthy friends. I knew my friends and I would always keep in touch but it would be difficult to see each other everyday, and I was okay with seeing them once in a while.

I didn't mind, what I did mind was Ryder. I needed to see him everyday. He got accepted into all the universities he had applied for, meanwhile I had only gotten an acceptance for one. It was the only university Ryder had not applied to, but it wasn't far off from the one he wanted to go to.

I didn't want our relationship to end, but I didn't want him to sacrifice his dream. I knew we'd find a way around it, we always did.

I wasn't going to let this thought trouble me anymore. Nope, I didn't need this in my way. Today was a day of fun, a stress reliever after all our exams and our hectic year.

"Violet, I think I'm going to take a break. Aren't you tired?" I asked, panting with my hands on my knees as I watched Violet swinging from the monkey bars.

"Nope, I'd never get tired of this!" she exclaimed, swinging down from the last bar and landing gracefully on her feet.

I clapped for her and she did a little curtsy, before running off to the swings Noah and Kyle were on. I chuckled to myself and made my way to where Cameron was sitting under the tree, reading a book.

He smiled at me when I sat down beside him, reaching for a bottle of water completely dehydrated from running around for most of the day in the sun. I chugged half of the bottle before letting out a sigh and closed it.